After quite some fairs being cancelled since the beginning of the pandemic, Data Center World – a global conference for data centers, facilities and IT infrastructure, is now expected to take place in August 2021. Data Center World is AFCOM’s annual global gathering and will be held August 16-19, 2021 at the Orange County Convention Center, in Orlando, Florida.
The Conference Program will offer more than 50 sessions covering “essential topics” like electrical power and data center design to “advanced topics” like 5G networks and predictive analytics.
Data Center World Conference Program tracks include:
- Advanced Data Center Strategies
- Design, Build, Operate, Control
- Data Center Essentials
- Data Center Infrastructure and Platforms
- Mission Critical Facilities and Energy Management
More than 15 case studies highlighting real-world projects from companies such as Tractor Supply Co., Banner Health, Facebook and Google will be shared with attendees. Additionally, Data Center World will be adding a workshop that will provide hands-on training in evaluating and implementing next-generation data center cooling platforms.
Hygiene and Safety Measures
“We’re excited to bring our dedicated, passionate community back together in person this summer to learn about the latest trends and technologies impacting the data center, facility and IT infrastructure industry,” said Brian Gillooly, Content Director of Data Center World and Editor-in-Chief of InformationWeek. “The last year showed us just how critically important the data center is to the functioning of our economy, health care, government, education, and first responders, and it’s more important than ever for the industry to meet to discuss how changes will affect how we manage, analyze, secure, and use data moving forward.”
“We have an outstanding learning program planned. Our exhibitors are excited to showcase their technologies,” added Mr. Gillooly. “And after a hiatus due to the pandemic, we are all looking forward to re-connecting with colleagues. Additionally, guided by a detailed set of measures known as AllSecure, Data Center World aims to deliver the highest levels of hygiene and safety at the event.”
Other highlights of Data Center World include:
- A ‘startup challenge’ contest will pit data center technology startups against each other, and judges will determine the companies with the best opportunity for success.
- Through a partnership with (ISC)2, attendees can earn CPE credits and stay current on the latest issues and best practices in cybersecurity.
- Data Center World is creating a Millennial and Gen Z Advisory board, which will be announced during the event.
- The Data Center World Exhibit Hall will feature over one hundred exhibitors showcasing the latest industry solutions. Select exhibitors include: ABM Facilities, Condair, Emcor Enclosures, ScaleMatrix and United Rentals.
- Unlimited networking opportunities targeted at data center professionals.
You can view the full Data Center World conference program here.
About AFCOM and Informa Tech
AFCOM supports thousands of IT, operations, facilities, builders/designers and vendors working in the data center and IT infrastructure industry. Serving the data center industry for more than 40 years, AFCOM aims its services at educating, connecting and guiding the data center community.
Data Center World is hosted by Informa Tech, a provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the global technology community. With 600 employees, Informa Tech operates in more than 20 markets. It aims to inspire the technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through these research, media, training and event brands.