Delta, a global provider of power and thermal management solutions, has launched its SmartNode solution – a new generation of modularized data center infrastructure. It offers flexible power system and cooling designs, quick deployment and scalable capacity for versatile implementation in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Telecommunications operators, enterprises, data center planners, colocation providers, and cloud services can use this new Tier II-rated (Tier III optional) data center infrastructure to rapidly scale edge computing capacity and provide the infrastructure necessary for 5G, IoT, as well as low latency applications. Delta’s SmartNode modularized data centers are available in five different capacities ranging from 33kW to 90kW.
“Data volumes will grow rapidly especially with the 5G roll-out and advent of low latency applications like autonomous driving, remote healthcare etc. in the near future,” said Rakesh Mukhija, Delta’s senior director and head of Mission Critical Infrastructure Solutions in the EMEA region. “In response to this trend, information infrastructure has to change too. There is a shift happening right now from cloud computing to edge computing. That is why Delta, with the advanced R&D capabilities and experience in the data center field, is introducing the new SmartNode modularized data centers, which are perfect for edge computing and enterprise level applications. The all-in-one design not only gives customers a one-stop solution, but also achieves high system integration and reliability.”
With flexible power systems and cooling designs, Delta’s SmartNode data center solutions would provide a rapid deployment of pre-engineered module with an all integrated system enable IT revenue generation at an earlier phase for quicker investment payback.
Delta SmartNode Features
Delta’s SmartNode solutions come with five standard configurations for quick selection based on customer requirements, all subsystems, such as modular UPS, power distribution, cooling, DCIM, and more. The standard configuration capacities range from 33kW, 35kW, 50kW, 70kW to 90kW. Additional features of the SmartNode include the following:
- Reliable Power System – Power distribution solution integrated within a UPS allows saving valuable data center space and reduces the TCO of the data center.
- High Load IT Rack – The “robust” module structure allows customers to fill complete racks with IT equipment and utilize full rack loads (1420 kg per rack).
- Optimal Cooling Management – The standard operating ambient temperature range is -15℃ up to +48℃, and it is up to +39℃ without de-rating.
- Enhanced Condenser Protection – Condensers are surrounded with a mesh cage to provide protection during transport and against vandalism on-site.
- Excellent Reliability – The “robust” construction and EI60 fire resistance allow implementation of the system in a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Advanced DCIM Solution – Delta InfraSuite Manager is also available as an option for the new prefabricated data centers. It enables operators to automate data center management tasks and perform optimizations.
Founded in 1971, Delta is a global provider of switching power supplies and thermal management products with an expanding portfolio of smart energy-saving systems and solutions in the fields of industrial automation, building automation, telecom power, data center infrastructure, EV charging, renewable energy, energy storage and display, to nurture the development of smart manufacturing and sustainable cities. Delta serves customers through its sales offices, R&D centers and manufacturing facilities spread over close to 200 locations across 5 continents.