Minkels, a brand of Legrand, a conglomerate with reported sales of close to €6 billion in 2018, has launched its new cabinet platform solution for data centers. The new platform, named Nexpand, has been designed and built from the ground up. It is based around four values including: Smart, Solid, Secure and Sustainable.
With the feature-rich Nexpand platform, customers would get a scalable and future-proof platform meeting increased data center technology demands as reinforced by Digitalization, Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, Edge and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Legrand and Minkels made substantial investments in the expansion of its production technology and capacity. Over a two-year period, Minkels R&D as well as multiple user input sessions, have resulted in a unique IT cabinet solution offering for data centers. The data center solutions vendor believes that with Nexpand it fully meets customer demands and will pave the way for further growth.
“The Nexpand data center platform is important to us,” said Christiaan van Terheijden, CEO of Minkels. “It underlines our promise of delivering cabinet and containment solutions that accommodate IT infrastructures in the most efficient way possible, that are scalable and evolve with new technologies and user requirements.”
– read more below the image –
The Nexpand platform is built around four fundamental values: Smart, Solid, Secure and Sustainable.
- Smart – The design of the cabinet is extremely flexible. For instance, the interior is built to be adjusted in 3 dimensions, the roof is completely modular providing more space and flexibility for managing top of rack infrastructure.
- Solid – The Nexpand platform consists of light but solid doors and frame that comfortably bear the weight of IT equipment. The sturdiness, the full integration of the locking system and the cabling are unique on the market.
- Secure – Nexpand guarantees the highest level of security by interfacing with the best platforms for electronic door locking, including high security cable management integrated in the door and tamper proof door mechanisms. Everything to keep your precious IT-equipment safe.
- Sustainable – Sustainability is both embedded in the design of the product as well as in its functionality. Choice of environmentally friendly materials and processes for production and assembly are guaranteed using a so called “Eco passport” – Profile Environmental Passport. The cabinets have been designed in such a way that during its use, they ensure optimal airflow management resulting in a best in class energy efficient solution.
“The Minkels engineering and product management teams, together with a number of our customers, have jointly delivered a brand-new platform,” added Mr. Van Terheijden. “You can say it’s made for and by our customers. Their user experience has given us invaluable additional input and demonstrates the close relationships we maintain with our customers.”
Earlier this month, various launch events across Europe took place giving Minkels customers and data center ecosystem partners the opportunity to get a first look at the Nexpand cabinets and other Legrand data center solutions. Theese events combined attracted more than 400 attendees, according to Minkels.
More information on the product can be found here: www.minkels.com/nexpand.
– read more below the image –
Minkels is a knowledge-driven producer and worldwide supplier of high-quality solutions for data center infrastructure. The Minkels brand is part of the product portfolio of Legrand.
Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering of solutions for commercial, industrial and residential markets makes it a benchmark for customers worldwide. Drawing on an approach that involves all teams and stakeholders, Legrand is pursuing its strategy of profitable and sustainable growth driven by acquisitions and innovation, with a steady flow of new offerings—including Eliot* connected products with enhanced value in use. Legrand reported sales of close to €6 billion in 2018. The company is listed on Euronext Paris and is notably a component stock of the CAC 40 index. (code ISIN FR0010307819)