Schneider Electric has announced the expansion of its data center solutions portfolio with the introduction of their ‘Critical Facility Operations’ offers for data centers and other critical environments. With these new and enhanced offerings, Schneider Electric couples a software-driven process with 24×7 on-site facility operations and remote support.
Benefits of the new, digitized ‘Critical Facility Operations’ approach for Schneider Electric customers would include:
- Increased operational efficiency – implementation in real-world customer environments have resulted in operational efficiency improvements of up to 15 percent, according to Schneider Electric.
- Lower risk and maximum uptime – qualified personnel would operate and maintain the data center using “powerful” digital tools to ensure process standardization and minimize risk of human error.
- Efficient IT planning – ‘hands-on’ tactical workflows are supported by centralized expertise for full lifecycle management of IT assets.
“At Schneider Electric, we believe that digitization of data center operations will result in reduced risk of human error, improved efficiency, cost savings, and increased transparency in the data centers we operate around the globe for our customers,” said Anthony DeSpirito, Vice President/General Manager of Data Center Operations, Schneider Electric. “As a single vendor for all critical operations in the data center gray and white space, Schneider Electric removes the silos frequently seen between facilities and IT staff, eliminating accountability issues and reducing risk.”
Schneider Electric’s Critical Facility Operations for data centers is a customized offer with pricing based on size of facility, the number of assets, and optional services selected. The offer would include:
- 24×7 infrastructure operations and maintenance; emergency preparedness and response.
- Vendor management and oversight.
- Daily walk-through and monitoring, change management, and continuous systems optimization.
- Data center infrastructure engineering for strategic IT hardware capacity planning, power and cooling optimization, and monitoring day-to-day operations.
- Rack and stack for standards-driven IT asset lifecycle management services, including installation, moves, adds, changes, and asset decommissioning.
- “Smart hands” for on-site technical support, fault identification and resolution, and preventative maintenance.
Critical Facility Operations is available globally. The enhanced digitized solution is available today in North America and coming soon to the United Kingdom, Ireland, and China, with other regions to follow.
China Unicom is one of the world’s largest telecommunication companies, providing cloud services in response to massive demand. China Unicom elected to outsource on-site critical power operation services for two of its data centers to Schneider Electric. Today, more than 100 Schneider Electric experts operate two of China Unicom’s hyperscale data centers.
“Schneider Electric‘s mature and customized Critical Facility Operations solution enabled us to improve greatly in terms of reliable operation, predictive maintenance, as well as risk control, achieving 100 percent uptime of the facilities,” said Kang Nan, General Manager of Operations and Services Department, China Unicom. “We’ve also effectively reduced energy consumption, saving us up to 30 percent of cost.”