Seaborn Networks has established an interconnection to DE-CIX New York, enabling turn-key direct access from Seabras-1. Built, owned and operated by Seaborn Networks, Seabras-1 is a fully operational 6-fiber pair, 72Tbps submarine cable system between Brazil and the U.S. offering a low latency path between São Paulo and the NY metro area.
Seaborn Networks’ interconnection to DE-CIX New York provides Seabras-1 customers in South America with the ability to reach over 200 networks within the U.S. without incurring long provisioning intervals and additional costs such as cross connect fees.
“This partnership with DE-CIX provides Brazil’s IP networks with one-stop-shop, remote IPX access to DE-CIX’s most compelling interconnect locations, leveraging the scale and agility of Seaborn’s Seabras-1 system,” said , CEO OF Seaborn Networks. “In this new arrangement, Seaborn is pleased to continue supporting the global expansion initiatives of Brazil’s ISP community.”
Access to DE-CIX Frankfurt
Next to that, customers on Seabras-1 gain access to DE-CIX Frankfurt via its GlobePEER Remote solution. GlobePEER Remote provides VLAN connectivity from DE-CIX New York enabling companies to peer with networks connected to DE-CIX Frankfurt and Marseille as well as Hamburg, Munich, Dusseldorf and Istanbul – reaching more than 1,000 European-Asian-African networks.
DE-CIX New York is one of the world’s largest carrier and data center-neutral Internet Exchanges. DE-CIX North America operates exchanges in two markets; the second is DE-CIX Dallas.
To sum up, with a direct connection to DE-CIX New York and its GlobePEER Remote solution, Seaborn Networks’ Seabras-1 customers would be able to receive the following benefits:
- Seabras-1 provides low latency path between São Paulo, Brazil and DE-CIX New York
- Turnkey solution that bypasses traditional interconnection challenges due to newly established direct connectivity to DE-CIX
- Direct access to DE-CIX Frankfurt and Marseille via GlobePEER Remote
- No additional cross connect fees to reach any DE-CIX customer globally
- The most direct route to New York, avoiding hurricane zones of the Southeast U.S. and the Caribbean
- A more reliable and resilient path between Brazil, USA and Europe utilizing Seaborn’s 24/7 proprietary NOC and benefitting from 100% subterranean backhaul within Brazil
“I am thrilled that DE-CIX’s unique solution is now available to South American networks over Seabras-1’s lowest latency network to New York,” said Ed d’Agostino, General Manager, DE-CIX North America. “Through Seaborn, DE-CIX is readily accessible throughout Brazil bringing world-class connectivity between North America and South America and Europe.”