STACK INFRASTRUCTURE, a company delivering a comprehensive suite of wholesale build-to-suit, colocation, and powered shell data centers in eight U.S. markets today, has broken ground on the construction of its new POR03 data center campus in Hillsboro, Oregon. It will bring “flexible and scalable” data center solutions to the Portland region.
STACK’s new 28-acre data center campus, located at 4735 NE Starr Blvd in Hillsboro, will include an initial 24MW building ready Q3 of 2021. Eventually it will offer a total campus capacity of 84MW – to handle the largest workloads and accommodate its clients’ future expansion plans.
This data center campus will be less than a quarter-mile from a new 34.5kV substation, with power supplied by Portland General Electric. It is located on the Wave Business Hillsboro Data Center Ring, which would offer high-count fiber connectivity and transpacific subsea cable access. In addition, Oregon has no sales tax and offers property tax abatements through its Enterprise Zone Program for long-term tax savings on equipment costs and data center operations.
Data Centers Oregon
STACK has a long history in Hillsboro, Oregon. It currently operates two other data centers in the region with a total of 28.8MW. It includes 3MW of immediately available capacity, along with a neighboring build-to-suit campus with 12MW of potential capacity. At full build-out, STACK’s capacity in Hillsboro will total over 125MW.
“Hillsboro continues to be an enduring, popular destination for clients, with its access to plentiful power, low-cost carbon-free supply options like wind, solar and hydro, and excellent connectivity to the major West Coast availability zones and international markets,” said Matt VanderZanden, Chief Strategy Officer of STACK. “Cloud and content providers and enterprises want to be there, and therefore, we want to be there. It’s our mission to support these companies with flexibility and scale as they innovate and grow.”
U.S. Data Center Campuses
This new campus expansion in Oregon comes on the heels of the STACK’s latest growth financing raise. Buoyed by strong financial backing and client demand, STACK is focused on enabling client growth in key regions throughout the United States, including:
- A 100% pre-leased 32MW multi-story data center on its campus in San Jose, California, currently under construction
- A 125-acre hyperscale data center campus with 250MW of potential critical capacity in Prince William County, Virginia in partnership with the Peterson Companies
- A 24MW, multi-story data center adjacent to its existing facility in Chicago, which will be ready for service in the second half of 2020
- An 80+MW expansion of its Portland data center campus, which is currently under development
- An 80-acre hyperscale campus in Phoenix, Arizona with access to over 150MW of critical capacity
- A 400-acre hyperscale data center campus with 400MW potential critical capacity in AllianceTexas, a master-planned development in Fort Worth, Texas, in partnership with Hillwood
- STACK’s New Albany campus includes development land that has the potential to add an additional 42MW of capacity
- STACK’s Atlanta campuses with potential for up to 20MW of growth