Stream Data Centers has announced its new to develop data center in Chicago, in Elk Grove Village, Ill. When completed in late 2018, the newly constructed facility in this area will offer 15MW of critical load and approximately 130,600 square feet of data center space.
Stream purchased a newly constructed shell which will be structurally enhanced to modern data center standards. This opportunity would provide customers with speed-to-market advantages without sacrificing mission-critical development quality.
According to Stream Data Centers’ Co-Managing Partner, Robert Kennedy, “Elk Grove Village has become a prime destination for data center operators, cloud service providers, and enterprise users, offering robust fiber optic connectivity, reliable power infrastructure and immediate proximity to the entire Chicago metro area.”
Stream Data Centers’ new Chicago I Data Center will offer:
- 130,600 square feet of structurally enhanced data center space, with 70,000 square feet of raised floor, on 5.82 acres
- 15MW of critical load
- “Top-performing utility power, in a reliable and competitive energy market”
- Two 25MW utility feeds from two separate substations
- “Robust and redundant” fiber connectivity with three diverse entry points
- 24×7 on-site operations and security
- Secured perimeter fencing
“Our new development in Elk Grove Village seeks to address the needs of cloud providers and enterprise companies with significant requirements in and around the Chicago area,” added Mr. Kennedy. “We believe that our value proposition will serve cloud, financial, healthcare and other enterprise companies looking for low-latency data center connectivity with this highly-secure and resilient option, located in the heart of the Chicago market.”