DataBank, a provider of enterprise-grade data center, cloud, and interconnection services, has opened its third data center in the Dallas area. The purpose-built, 145,000-square-foot facility (DFW3), strategically located in the North DFW Metroplex suburb of Plano, Texas, is available to serve business customers with ample capacity and a redundant data center design.
“We took the greatest care in custom building this state-of-the-art facility, which offers the latest technology and best practices in power availability, connectivity, efficient cooling and more,” said Raul Martynek, CEO of DataBank. “With DFW3, we’re proud to boost our total facility count to 14 data centers in eight key markets and offer yet another world-class data hub through which we can deliver our signature local service and national reach.”
DataBank’s DFW3 facility boasts six separate data halls offering more than 60,000 square feet of raised-floor space for build-to-suit data center deployments. The facility is highly secured with full perimeter fencing encompassing the building, and around-the-clock onsite security personnel. As with all of DataBank’s data centers, this facility’s Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) are connected to the company’s dedicated fiber ring, which offers high-bandwidth access to top-tier network providers.
Additional data center specifications would include:
- 9 MW of usable UPS power, expandable to 13 MW
- 40MW (dual 20MW utility feeds) of high-density, onsite power deployed via underground diverse delivery
- N+1 and 2N electrical options
- Onsite cloud and managed services
- Total facility footprint that can be augmented to 265,000 square feet
- HIPAA, SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and PCI DSS compliant
- Redundant HVAC design for stable airflow, temperature, and humidity
- Highly efficient cooling system with hot-aisle/cold-aisle configuration and direct venting systems
- Diverse and secure telecom entries in the mirrored carrier-class MMRs
- Carrier and network-neutral design