Datadog (Nasdaq: DDOG), a monitoring and analytics platform for developers, IT operations teams, and business users in the cloud age, has announced the general availability of Security Monitoring. This new product would break down silos between security, developers, and operations teams.
Datadog’s Security Monitoring combines and analyzes traditional security signals with performance and environment data from applications to provide unique real-time insights. This would allow the security, dev and ops teams to rapidly identify security issues, pinpoint the affected system and perform remediation quickly.
Datadog’s Security Monitoring is now available within the Datadog app. With this new product, Datadog extends its monitoring and analytics platform to security engineers in addition to developers and IT operations teams.
The key features of this new Datadog offering include:
- Unified observability and security – By combining data from traditional security logs with over 400 integrations that bring in performance metrics, traces, environment information and more, Security Monitoring would detect threats quickly and provide detailed context to pinpoint affected systems.
- Real-time, out-of-the-box threat detection – With turn-key threat Detection Rules to flag attacker techniques and misconfigurations, teams can improve their security posture.
- Cost-effective data ingestion and analysis – Security Monitoring detects threats in real time across the full stream of ingested data “at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.”
- Simple, customizable rule-editing – Anyone can customize out-of-the-box Detection Rules or write their own without needing to learn a proprietary query language.
- Powerful, context-rich Security Signals – Datadog retains security signals for 15 months, so teams can easily correlate them and identify trends over time, quickly filter signals by attributes like the MITRE ATT&CK technique or any associated entities, and “seamlessly” pivot to other areas of Datadog for further investigation.
“Given their complexity and velocity, security teams are looking to partner with developers and operations teams to secure dynamic cloud environments,” said Marc Tremsal, Director of Product Management at Datadog. “We’ve built Datadog Security Monitoring to enable all engineers to cost-effectively analyze detailed observability data for potential threats, and easily collaborate during investigations.”