Dell Technologies’ new ‘PowerProtect DD Series Appliances’ has unveiled the “next- generation” of its Data Domain protection storage appliances. These would enable organizations to protect, manage and recover data at scale across diverse environments and power data protection for multi-cloud workloads.
With Dell Technologies’ PowerProtect DD Series Appliances, organizations can equip themselves with a solution that supports their growing data needs. It has the ability to quickly restore their systems in times of disruption and fosters business value and innovation through a secured path to existing data sets.
“As the IT landscape continues to shift to accommodate the influx of data, customer data protection and management requirements will increasingly be shaped by hybrid multi-clouds, global data centers and exabyte scale,” said Beth Phalen, President, Dell EMC Data Protection Division, Dell Technologies. “With the new PowerProtect DD Series Appliances and our expanding data protection portfolio, Dell Technologies is redefining the next-generation of data protection capabilities to deliver data management at global scale.”
– read more below the image –
As the newest addition to the Dell EMC PowerProtect portfolio, Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Series Appliances are built to “simplify” and provide operational efficiencies for data protection for multi-cloud workloads. To sum up, PowerProtect DD would offer:
- Performance – With “fast” backups and restores, PowerProtect DD includes instant access and instant restore of up to 60,000 IOPS for up to 64 virtual machines, and support for 25GbE and 100GbE network speeds.
- Efficiency – PowerProtect DD would be highly efficient, providing up to 1.25PB of usable capacity in a single rack with hardware-assisted compression, improving logical capacity significantly while driving data reduction. This smaller footprint would deliver sginificant power and cooling savings as well, increasing ROI for organizations.
- Scalability – With flexibility and agility at its core and available in multiple configurations, PowerProtect DD provides scalability and grow-in place capacity expansion, ranging from 1 terabyte up to 1.25PB.
- Data protection for multi-cloud workloads – PowerProtect DD would provide operational “efficiency, resiliency and scalability” across on-premises and hybrid cloud environments. It has an extensive cloud ecosystem with support across multiple public clouds and can natively tier deduplicated data, delivering cost-effective, long-term retention.
- Single pane of glass management – With PowerProtect DD Management Center, customers can gain aggregated management for multiple systems, manage capacity and replications, and monitor the health and status of all their appliances on-premises and in the cloud.
“PowerProtect DD allows us to deliver the most efficient, scalable and cost-effective enterprise class backup to our customers,” said Richard McMahon, group technical operations director, iomart Group. “It provides us with maximum capacity in a smaller footprint, with best in class deduplication, compression and a simple to use DD System Manager.”
Dell Technologies’s three new PowerProtect DD Series Appliances – the Dell EMC PowerProtect DD6900, PowerProtect DD9400 and PowerProtect DD9900 – will be available globally Sept. 30, 2019 and through Dell Technologies channel partners. Dell EMC Data Domain Virtual Edition and Dell EMC Data Domain DD3300, now branded Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition and Dell EMC PowerProtect DD3300, are also available now.