Listen to the audio version
Global data center infrastructure provider EdgeConneX is now partnering with Opus Interactive, a Portland-based woman-owned cloud, colocation, and IT services company. The partnership allows EdgeConneX’s global footprint to offer additional edge-based cloud solutions to businesses.
The additional cloud solutions to be delivered include Opus Interactive cloud migration, which comprises cloud solutions from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle, OpusCloud, and others. It would range from dedicated bare metal environments to variable hybrid cloud and multi-cloud solutions.
“As more data goes online, workloads are being distributed across a hybrid ecosystem that oftentimes integrates multiple clouds,” said Shannon Hulbert, CEO of Opus Interactive. “Vendors with expertise in supporting holistic enterprise builds that match workload to hybrid and multi-cloud component by performance, compliance, and budget needs of the organization are hard to locate. Taking it a step further and finding a partner with a tenure of proven performance that also meets our own sustainable IT goals is an added hurdle. A premier edge data center provider with a longstanding philosophy of bringing the edge to its customers, EdgeConneX was a natural partnership fit. We’re excited for what this partnership means to expanding climate-positive cloud all the way out to the edge.”
EdgeConneX and Opus Interactive customers can realize immediate benefits including:
- EdgeConneX Data Center Solutions – Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and enterprises are connected with “enhanced latency, performance, and reliability” thanks to an established global platform of hyperlocal to hyperscale data center facilities in over 40 cities across the world.
- Hybrid Multi-Cloud Scalability and Interoperability – Clients may optimize cloud services with hybrid and multi-cloud solutions, which would provide flexibility and scalability as their organization develops and evolves. Clients can use cloud connect solutions from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Megaport, Telia, PacketFabric, Comcast, and others to get the finest, fastest cloud service for any workload.
- Climate-Positive Private Cloud and IaaS – Opus Interactive’s shared and dedicated environment services enable users to establish private clouds with a consumption and billing model that is comparable to that of public clouds. Opus offers climate-friendly cloud computing in addition to HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and SOC 2 certification. The company goes above and above to provide carbon-neutral cloud solutions by offsetting emissions comparable to the energy use of its Private Cloud and IaaS products.
- Backup and Continuity – Opus Interactive provides full edge to cloud support for backup and business continuity. Clients’ business continuity strategies are facilitated by the enhanced regional and grid redundancy.
- Cold and Hot Storage – From quick access to computational memory and storage for each individual edge device to seldom accessed data stored long term for legal or compliance concerns, there are hot, cold, and hybrid options to accommodate any storage strategy.
- 24×7 Observability – From sensors to satellites, single-pane observability is possible. For ongoing improvement, get monitoring and management with deep insights and AI/ML predictive analytics integration.
“EdgeConneX recognizes that enabling cloud services at the edge is essential to moving enterprise digital transformation initiatives forward,” said Phillip Marangella, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at EdgeConneX. “Recent studies suggest that well over 50% of business IT leaders believe that cloud migration is either ‘very difficult’ or ‘failing.’ Our collaboration helps bring essential hybrid and multi-cloud solutions to those enterprises, IT leaders, and edge markets that need it most. We are honored to partner with Opus Interactive and help make cloud migration a little easier.”