Throughout 2017, Equinix will open five new IBX colocation data centers, adding more than 5,600 new cabinets and greater than one million gross square feet of data center space.
The new colocation data centers will be directly connected to other Equinix IBX data centers within each metro via fiber links between the sites. These new sites include:
- São Paulo – The first phase of the new SP3 IBX, opened in March, adds 725 cabinets and more than 215,000 gross square feet of data center space in 2017. At full buildout, SP3 will double Equinix’s available space in Brazil, making SP3 one of the largest multi-tenant data centers in Latin America. With the addition of SP3, Equinix currently operates five IBX data centers in Brazil.
- Frankfurt – Equinix’s IBX data centers in Frankfurt offer dense concentrations of telecommunications, cloud and IT services, financial services and manufacturing companies. Equinix’s sixth IBX in Frankfurt, FR6, is expected to open in Q2 2017 and is a new build that will be part of Campus Kleyer, one of the most carrier dense digital locations in EMEA. The first phase of FR6 will add 1,325 cabinets and more than 72,000 gross square feet of data center space in 2017.
- Amsterdam – Expected to open in Q3 2017, the AM4 IBX is a new 12-story building that expands Equinix’s Amsterdam footprint which currently consists of seven sites. The first phase of AM4 will add 1,555 cabinets and more than 245,000 gross square feet of data center space in 2017. At its existing sites in Amsterdam, Equinix currently offers connections to 80% of Europe within 50 milliseconds and is one of the most cloud dense locations in Europe.
- Silicon Valley – Located adjacent to its existing SV1 and SV5 IBX data centers at Equinix’s San Jose Great Oaks campus, SV10 is expected to open in Q2 2017. The first phase of SV10 will add 795 cabinets and more than 190,000 gross square feet of data center space in 2017. It is the first build on 11 acres of land purchased by Equinix in 2016.
- Washington, D.C. – Expected to open in Q3 2017, the DC12 IBX is an extension to Equinix’s existing Ashburn colocation data center campus. The first phase of DC12 will add 1,275 cabinets and more than 190,000 gross square feet of data center space in 2017. It is the first build on 44 acres of land purchased by Equinix in 2012.
In addition to the five new IBX openings in 2017, Equinix’s expansions of existing IBX colocation data centers include 14 data center locations in Amsterdam, Dallas, Dubai, Dublin, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Toronto and Zurich.