Business-only fiber network, Everstream, has announced its expansion into the greater St. Louis area. The company has kicked off a planned 800-route-mile fiber network, with deep coverage in the business-rich northwest suburbs of O’Fallon and St. Charles, Missouri.
Everstream’s entry into this market would represent the first new business connectivity provider to enter the greater St. Louis area in the past decade.
Approximately 150 route miles are expected to be lit by the beginning of October, with an additional 150 miles slated to be lit in the first quarter of 2021. This portion of the network will serve the greater St. Louis metropolitan region, including downtown St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri, St. Charles County, Missouri, and the Metro East region of Southern Illinois.
“The greater St. Louis metropolitan region is home to world-class businesses that need world-class, high-capacity fiber connectivity,” said Brett Lindsey, President and CEO of Everstream. “Everstream’s network was built from the ground up for businesses requiring reliability, speed and scale. Businesses in the greater St. Louis area want to have access to another option for connectivity, and we continue to work with the City of St. Louis on our expansion efforts.”
To sum up, Everstream’s expansion into the St. Louis area includes:
- An 800-route-mile network starting with a more than 300-route-mile network spanning the northwest suburbs of O’Fallon, Missouri, and St. Charles, Missouri, where Fortune 500 businesses have large presences.
- An overall investment of $25 million throughout the St. Louis area.
- Connectivity to a state-of-the-art data center in the heart of downtown St. Louis’ business district with access to another 34 data centers – and growing – across the Midwest.
- Direct connection to additional Everstream markets throughout the Midwest.
- A local office in downtown St. Louis at 900 Walnut St. that will grow to more than 20 new team members, including a sales team led by Paul Peach, Regional Vice President of Sales, and Greg Meinczinger, Regional Vice President of Operations, to support area customers.
Everstream’s “enterprise-grade” network would deliver robust business fiber services, including dedicated Internet access, dark fiber, Ethernet and data center solutions.
Everstream’s advanced fiber network offers direct peering with all major carriers and cloud hyperscalers. With high-speed, low-latency connections, it can accommodate converged Internet, voice and data services at speeds of up to 100 Gbps.
The St. Louis network expansion is part of Everstream’s ongoing footprint growth throughout select markets in the Midwest. In the past 12 months, Everstream has opened five offices, completed two acquisitions, onboarded more than 130 employees and added more than 5,000 route miles to its network. As Everstream’s network grows, its customers would benefit from more diverse network options and direct connection to data centers and locations in the expanded region.