Fortinet, a global company securing the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world, had unveiled Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for Multi-Cloud. This networking and security solution would solve common application performance, visibility, cost, and control challenges associated with multi-cloud deployments by enabling SD-WAN across multiple clouds and regions.
Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for Multi-Cloud is a new approach to establishing secured and high-performance connectivity between public cloud workloads running on multiple clouds without increasing cost and complexity.
Available in all major cloud providers, Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for Multi-cloud would enable a consistent network architecture leveraging SD-WAN capabilities between clouds and empower application developers and enterprise IT to build a “high speed and seamless” cloud-to-cloud network and security architecture. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for Multi-Cloud would offer a secured and effective infrastructure for maximizing the benefits of enterprise multi-cloud deployments by:
- Automating the deployment of a consistent overlay network across different cloud networks, reducing complexity and increasing agility to save teams time and resources.
- Offers end-to-end visibility, control, and centralized management that unifies functionality across multiple cloud environments through cloud native integrations.
- Securely transports application traffic between clouds without needing to backhaul through the data center, enabling better scaling of deployments and reducing latency.
- Intelligently selects connections based on application characteristics employing dynamic path selection, improving performance and optimizing cost by selecting the best internet or leased line link.
- Provides an application developer-friendly API to enable programmers the ability to consistently represent their network and security requirements.
Fortinet delivers Secure SD-WAN as an integrated feature of its FortiGate Next-generation Firewall. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for Multi-Cloud, delivered via FortiGate-VM, a virtual appliance, is powered by Fortinet’s patented vSPU technology. It would maintain a performance advantage in the cloud, including over 20Gbps of IPsec performance – “10 times the industry average” – for fast encrypted connections over Internet and leased line links to reduce operational costs. By leveraging the broad FortiGate-VM footprint across all major cloud platforms, as well as FortiGate appliances on-premises, enterprise organizations can benefit from cloud-agnostic consistent multi-cloud networks without compromising on security and performance.
Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for Multi-Cloud, which securely connects applications and workloads across multiple clouds, complements Fortinet’s existing Secure SD-WAN Cloud On-Ramp capabilities to securely connect users and offices to applications and cloud workloads.
Fortinet delivers a Secure SD-WAN product portfolio designed for the entire end-to-end enterprise with physical appliances for large data centers, branch offices, remote sites, and home offices, as well as virtual appliances for multi-cloud deployments. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN’s ability to scale from home office to branch to cloud all tied to a single operating system via the Fortinet Security Fabric would ensure networking and security policies seamlessly work across multiple environments and cloud platforms, enabled by the latest threat intelligence from FortiGuard Labs.