In order to simplify frictionless cloud security operations, Fortinet has unveiled FortiCNP, a new built-in-the-cloud service that correlates security results from across an organization’s cloud footprint. With its patented Resource Risk Insights (RRI) technology, FortiCNP helps teams prioritize the repair and mitigation of risks with the greatest potential to affect the security of cloud workloads without impeding operations.
In addition, it was revealed that Fortinet has joined the list of AWS Launch Partners for Amazon GuardDuty Malware Protection, which offers agentless malware detection capabilities across AWS data stores, disk volumes, and workload images. FortiCNP supports Amazon GuardDuty Malware Security, which offers zero-permission capabilities and near-real-time threat protection to actively scan active workloads without affecting or delaying operations.
Organizations may achieve faster time to market and greater responsiveness to customer demands thanks to the rising acceptance of the cloud as a component of a hybrid IT infrastructure. The cloud can, however, raise general security risks, which are frequently reduced by integrating new security solutions with an organization’s current infrastructure. Each of these solutions would come with a plethora of alarms that frequently call for human examination and can quickly accumulate throughout a cloud deployment for a business.
“Without the proper tools, security professionals must manually sift through hundreds, if not thousands, of security alerts on a daily basis,” said Doug Cahill, Vice President, Analyst Services and Senior Analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “Inundated with alerts, teams can face decreased productivity, inefficient workflows, and security risks accumulating faster than they can be addressed. FortiCNP helps cut through the noise, pointing teams to the security alerts that matter most.”
Integration with AWS security services and solutions as well as the Fortinet Security Fabric is a distinguishing feature of FortiCNP that enables businesses to better protect their cloud environments and get the most out of their cloud security expenditures.
“At AWS, we provide our customers with smarter tools to easily take action and mitigate risk faster,” said Jon Ramsey, Vice President at AWS Security. “Security Partners like Fortinet with their FortiCNP offering built on AWS and integrated with our security services like Amazon GuardDuty give customers a choice to simplify and accelerate their cloud journey with cloud-native security services.”
To sum up, FortiCNP would deliver the following features that allow security teams to effectively manage risk in the cloud:
- Resources that pose the most risk and require quick attention are identified by FortiCNP Resource Risk Insights (RRI), which uses a unique risk score methodology to contextualize security findings from Fortinet Cloud Security solutions and AWS products and services.
- Customers are able to maximize the value and gain from the simple deployment capabilities provided by Amazon GuardDuty Malware Protection, Amazon Inspector, AWS Security Hub, AWS CloudTrail, and AWS Organizations by analyzing, correlating, and contextualizing security findings from AWS cloud security services with FortiCNP.
- By monitoring cloud data storage, disk volumes, and workload images, integrations with Amazon GuardDuty Malware Protection provide a zero-permission, agentless strategy for identifying malware throughout the data supply chain.
- FortiCNP RRIs are converted into easily actionable workflow activities as part of the lifecycle of cloud infrastructure through integrations with digital workflow solutions.
- RRIs will be able to start stop-gap remediations for clients using Fortinet Cloud Security products like FortiGate-VM and FortiWeb to stop high-impact attacks.
- FortiCNP utilizes FortiGuard Labs’ industry-leading threat intelligence and content scanning to continually scan and monitor changes to cloud data.
In order to give greater context for additional cloud workloads, FortiCNP will be continuously improved to assimilate new sorts of cloud security discoveries. Teams can increase security coverage, productivity, and risk mitigation by enabling standard processes that extend security throughout the public cloud – all at the pace of the cloud. Integrations that are cloud-native provide less friction from deployment through operations. Security teams won’t need to learn the nuances of each cloud platform’s security service operating model because of uniform processes leveraging cloud-native services across various clouds. By efficiently clearing the cloud security backlog, reducing risk, and measurable improving cloud security over time, this will aid security teams in increasing productivity.
“FortiCNP is the latest example of Fortinet’s commitment to delivering Fabric solutions that extend enterprise security with cloud-native integrations,” said John Maddison, Executive Vice President of Products and CMO at Fortinet. “We’re pleased to continue to deliver solutions that allow security professionals to transition from time-consuming triage and manual analysis processes to proactively securing their cloud workloads and easily understand their cloud security risk.”