GigaTrust, a global provider of email security and document protection solutions, has announced the launch of its cloud based service offering, GigaCloud. This new service offering provides secured content protection, consumption and collaboration for any user of a PC, tablet or smart phone, even users of Microsoft Office 365.
GigaCloud would offer a rich set of document security features designed to facilitate secure collaboration between internal and external users in an enterprise or SMB. GigaTrust’s GigaCloud solution is available as a multi-tenant service or in a private cloud configuration targeting enterprises requiring added security features and administrative control.
The GigaCloud solution applies and enforces security permissions (or ‘rights’) down to the digital content (documents, emails, pictures) level. This would result in content being protected from misuse while in transit, at rest and most importantly ‘in use’ even when opened by any permitted recipient. This protection persists for the content’s entire lifecycle.
These protections, either manually or automatically applied, are granular and can be configured to inhibit printing, save as, copy/paste and prevents the forwarding of emails to non-authorized parties. It supports document protection and consumption on Windows PCs and Android and Apple smartphones and tablets.
GigaCloud also offers a rich set of security, policy, compliance reporting and external collaboration features designed to meet enterprise document security requirements for both internal enterprise document security and with external cloud based file sync and sharing services such as Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive.
Key features of the GigaCloud solution include:
- Document protection/consumption – for Office docs, PDF, JPEG, multiple file types
- Email protection/consumption – Outlook, Exchange, Gmail
- Android/iOS apps – protection, consumption, editing of Office docs, PDF, email
- Desktop client – Office docs, PDF – revocation, watermarks, automatic protection
- Policy control – Centralized rules and policy creation and enforcement
- Data analytics – tracking, monitoring and compliance reporting
- Mobile device security – MDM integration with leading vendors
- Content classification (Q2 availability)
- File sync/sharing mobile app – for Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive (Q2 availability)
- HSM integration – for added enterprise security in private clouds
- External collaboration with supply chain partners – anyone to anyone collaboration
- Multiple deployment options – Multi-tenant and private hybrid cloud configurations
GigaCloud supports RSA 1024/2048 for all public key cryptography and supports AES 128/256 for symmetric encryption on the desktop client and mobile apps. GigaCloud is compliant with FIPS 140-2.
“GigaCloud services provide a user friendly secure collaboration, anyone-to-anyone using a Windows PC, Android or iOS smartphone and tablet,” said Bob Bernardi, Chairman and CEO of GigaTrust. “Corporations and SMBs can simply start using GigaCloud services immediately and avoid setting up complex and costly internal IT infrastructure. We are very excited to work with 21Vianet to provide the GigaCloud solution to customers in China and to participate in the exponential growth of the China public and private hybrid cloud services market.”