The global software-defined anything (SDx) market is predicted to grow profoundly at a CAGR of more than 32% by 2020, according to Technavio’s market research analysts. The shift to virtualization is the primary growth driver for this market.
Recently, it has been observed that companies are under pressure to replace their existing IT infrastructure with innovative models that can reduce costs significantly. Consequently, companies are increasingly adopting SDx as it provides a lean business model to minimize costs by automating the process control and replacing traditional hardware with software.
The need to simplify network management systems would drive the prospects for market growth during the forecast period. Since network management in organizations is a complex system, many firms are adopting software-defined networking solutions to instill agility and simplicity and reduce the total cost of ownership.
With the help of software-defined networking solutions, firms can reap the benefits of reduced network provisioning time, simplified network environment, reduced service costs, and enhanced network management efficiency.
In this report, the SDx market has been segmented based on technology:
- Software-defined networking (SDN)
- Software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Software-defined storage (SDS)
The Technavio market research analysts have estimated the SDN segment to be the fastest growing market segment during the predicted period. The recent increase in the incorporation of SDN in both public and private sectors due to growing demand for Big Data, BYOD, and cloud computing technologies will lead to the augmented demand for SDN technology during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation of the SDx market:
In this market study, analysts have estimated the Americas to be the largest growing market segment during the estimated period. The growing adoption of SDS technology by the North American firms to enhance their business process and efficiency will lead to the high growth of this market segment during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
In this market, vendors are consistently investing in the development of SDx technology due to the rapid increase in demand for software-defined solutions from clients and other customers in the market. Due to the high level of competition this market, many vendors are now focusing on acquiring small companies as it will help them to increase their product portfolio and virtualization offerings.
Top vendors in the market would be:
According to the report, other prominent vendors in the market include 6Wind, Arista Networks, Avaya 0, Big Switch Networks, Brocade, DataCore, Dell, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, NEC, NetApp, Nexenta, Pertino, Pivot3, Plexxi, PLUMgrid, and SwiftStack.
Key questions answered in the report include:
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the software-defined anything (SDx) market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the software-defined anything (SDx) market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the software-defined anything (SDx) market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the software-defined anything (SDx) market?
Read the full report here.