H5 Data Centers, a U.S. colocation and wholesale data center provider, has acquired a wholesale data center at 21800 Beaumeade Drive in Ashburn, Virginia. The data center totals 70,000 sq. ft., is expandable to more than 100,000 sq. ft., and features at least 8.5 MVA of power capacity.
H5 Data Centers will market the new asset to international carriers, colocation and cloud hosting services providers, and enterprises as a powered shell or build-to-suit data center. The location is within the world-renowned Ashburn data center cluster. Pre-leasing is under way with phase 1 upgrades to be completed in Q3 of 2015.
“H5 Ashburn presents a unique opportunity for wholesale customers in search of an East Coast data center,” said Josh Simms, chief executive officer at H5 Data Centers. “We believe its location within the Ashburn data center cluster, proximity to fiber providers, and fully customizable data center product make the building a compelling wholesale offering in the Northern Virginia market.”
H5 Ashburn Highlights:
- Pre-Leasing is underway with the facility marketed to international carriers, colocation and cloud services providers, and large enterprises as a powered shell or build-to-suit data center
- H5 to complete exterior and interior upgrades by the end of Q3 2015
- 70,000 sq. ft. data center expandable to 100,000 sq. ft. with access to 8.5+ MVA of power
- Fully customizable data center layout/infrastructure design, 1,500+ cabinets across four computer rooms
- Diverse access to 15+ metro fiber providers
- Located within the Ashburn data center cluster with access to hundreds of carriers and Internet peers
- Pro-growth incentives from state government and Dominion Power
H5 Ashburn represents the company’s seventh data center in the United States and joins a growing list of markets including Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, and Seattle.