Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has debuted new compute platforms with built-in support for Persistent Memory, a technology that combines the performance of high-speed memory and the persistence of storage to deliver new levels of application performance. As a result, new HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers are equipped with innovative options and related solutions to help enterprise customers modernize their data centers.
HPE’s new ProLiant Gen9 servers, which integrate Persistent Memory technology, would accelerate service delivery, boost application performance and secure business transactions.
“As the industry’s leading server vendor, HPE is committed to bringing new infrastructure innovations to the market that enable organizations to derive more value from their data,” said Peter Schrady, senior vice president and general manager HPE ProLiant Servers and Enterprise & SMB Segments. “We are delivering on that commitment by delivering a complete Persistent Memory hardware and software ecosystem into our server portfolio, as well as delivering enhancements that will allow customers to increase agility, protect critical information and deliver new applications and services more quickly than ever before.”
New solutions and technologies for the HPE ProLiant Gen9 portfolio provide organizations with a range of compute innovations that are designed for optimized performance in a hybrid infrastructure environment:
- HPE Persistent Memory – The new HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers are optimized for the first product in the HPE Persistent Memory portfolio, the HPE 8GB NVDIMM. This technology is designed to accelerate database and analytic workloads and is ideal for any applications that are constrained by traditional storage bottlenecks. The HPE 8GB NVDIMM is designed around industry-standard NVDIMM-N technology, working with standards bodies such as JEDEC and SNIA, and includes back-up power from the HPE Smart Storage Battery, which supports up to 16 NVDIMMs for moving data from DRAM to Flash when power is lost.
- HPE is working with industry operating system and application providers to enable the software ecosystem for HPE Persistent Memory offerings and to simplify implementation for HPE ProLiant server customers
- New Intel Xeon platform – Designed to support up to 22 cores and memory speeds of up to 2400MT/s, the new Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 processor offers up to 25 percent performance gains for HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers. The Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 processors include virtualization enhancements, added security and improved orchestration capabilities to help customers better manage shared platform resources. With these new processors, HPE has achieved several new #1 server benchmark performance positions in multiple categories.
- Fast data transfer with high-speed DRAM in multiple configurations – HPE DDR4 2400 MHz memory is available in a variety of capacities starting at 8GB. For highest performance environments, HPE 128GB LRDIMMs offer extra density that delivers up to 23 percent better performance.
- Solid state drives (SSDs) – HPE NVMe SSDs are compact, economical and offer up to 2TB of storage in a flexible package that includes Express Bay for front access to drives that are designed for big-ticket jobs, including online transaction processing, business intelligence and Big Data analytics.
- Smart authentication – Adding TCG Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 specification 1.16 to HPE ProLiant Gen 9 servers provides a tamper-resistant environment to prevent unauthorized access to servers. TPM supports Microsoft BitLocker, which securely stores authentication elements, such as passwords and encryption keys.
- HPE Application Migration to Cloud Solution – Secured, tested and validated reference architecture delivered by HPE Technology Services experts to help customers migrate on-premises applications to a private cloud.
“The new Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family offers customers the performance, orchestration and security features they need to adopt cloud computing with confidence,” said Lisa Spelman, vice president of Marketing, Intel Data Center Group. “Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Intel have been strong collaborators since the earliest days of our server business, and innovative products like the ProLiant Gen9 portfolio will accelerate enterprise’s transition to the cloud.”
Pricing and Availability
- New HPE ProLiant Gen9 server options and related solutions are now available through HPE and worldwide channel partners. The HPE partner finder can be used to find authorized channel partners.
- Pricing will vary based on HPE ProLiant Gen9 server model and customer configurations.
- HPE 8GB NVDIMM will be available in May 2016 for initial support on HPE ProLiant DL360 and DL380 Gen9 servers with Intel E5-2600 v4 processors.