HexaTier, provider of a unified database security and compliance solution for cloud-hosted databases and Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) platforms, has launched its enhanced database security and compliance solution, HexaTier 4.0. Version 4.0 includes new features that focus on enterprise needs for DBaaS adoption, while maintaining organizational policies and addressing the challenges and risks with database security and compliance.
“We’ve built a robust, unified database security and compliance solution to meet scalability and massive user needs for enterprises exploring moving their databases to the cloud or those already operating there,” said David Maman, founder and CTO of HexaTier. “Our innovative software approach simplifies installation, operation and maintenance, eliminates the need for any additional hardware, and can scale with the same agility that cutting edge enterprises demand when provisioning temporary or permanent instances of cloud-based databases.”
New features in HexaTier version 4.0 include:
- Extending Organizational Authentication to the Cloud – Lets organizations’ DBAs apply Active Directory (AD) individual and group policies, enabling “rapid” user onboarding for cloud computing and DBaaS platform adoption initiatives. Allows organizations to extract the current AD policies to DBaaS instances.
- Supports Enterprise-level Database Performance – Enables enterprise grade applications, internal and external users with proper access credentials to access databases simultaneously.
- Dynamic and Conditional Data Masking – Enables organizations to enforce Dynamic Data Masking with Conditional definitions to control exposure of sensitive information in real-time to authorized IT personnel and non-production applications (e.g. Training, Testings, Staging, etc.).
- Security Improvements IPS/IDS – Includes enhanced SQL injection detection and prevention mechanism at the Database layer.
New user experience
HexaTier’s software-based approach utilizes a patented Database Reverse Proxy technology, overcoming the limitations of competing solutions through its architecture-agnosticism, advanced management, and “fast” performance for securing cloud-hosted and DBaaS database instances.
- Database Security – Protects databases through a database firewall, database access control, segregation of duties and blocking of SQL injections.
- Discovery of Sensitive Data – Locates and classifies sensitive data, based on regulations.
- Dynamic Data Masking – Allows DBAs and security teams to create policy-driven, real-time dynamic data masking based on user credentials, applications, and business rules.
- Database Activity Monitoring – Automates compliance through audits that identify all administrative activity and access to sensitive data, and creates reports for common compliance needs.
Headquartered in Tel Aviv, with offices in Irvine, CA and Boston, MA, HexaTier secures databases for nearly 200 organizations globally. Utilizing patented Database Reverse Proxy technology, the company protects against both internal and external threats. Leading investors are JVP, Magma VC and Rhodium.