Hosting provider Hostway, a Microsoft Gold Partner and specialist in Microsoft virtualization, has announced the launch of its hybrid cloud service offering based on Microsoft Azure. Whether it’s public or private cloud or a combination, all hybrid cloud services are backed by Hostway’s managed support.
Hostway is a Microsoft Gold Partner and specialist in Microsoft virtualization with the expertise to design, build and run Azure-based hybrid solutions.
The Hostway Hybrid Cloud would combine rapid scalability of the Microsoft Azure Public Cloud with performance and security of Hostway’s Virtual Private Cloud. Hybrid cloud use cases would cover a wide range of potential implementations, such as the following examples.
- Bimodal IT – Capability to run apps where they run best whether that is public, private cloud or on-premises – backed with Hostway Managed Support for Azure
- Burst to Azure – Run predictable workloads either on-premises or the Hostway Virtual Private Cloud and handle burst loads on Microsoft Azure public cloud
- Dev & Test – Run development and testing in Microsoft Azure public cloud and in production on the Virtual Private Cloud
- Split Deployment – Run database in Virtual Private Cloud and web servers in Microsoft Azure public cloud to handle workload spikes
“This concept of targeting workloads to run on different infrastructure landing zones is consistent with our view that workloads have a best execution venue (BEV) – an infrastructure or application environment in which it is best suited to run,” said Liam Eagle, senior analyst, 451 Research. “That may be for reasons that include price, performance, functionality, security, latency, data sovereignty or other factors governing the right choice for running workloads.”
Associated with the hybrid cloud, Hostway provides managed services that include:
- Configuration and provisioning of the Hybrid Azure cloud accounts.
- Monitoring of resource utilization, as well as alerts when thresholds are met.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Provisioning, installation, configuration and connection service, including load balancers, virtual networks, backup, storage, monitoring, DNS;
- Account management assistance.
- 24/7/365 phone and email support.