Geographic grid systems allow zooming into maps at progressively higher resolutions and finer grids. For rectangular grids, this is very simple, but for hexagonal grids, the situation is much more complex, since child hexagons are not fully contained within parent hexagons. This video demonstrates how we can still achieve efficient parent-child search in Elasticsearch using the H3 hexagonal grid.
– Discover why the Elastic Stack is a geospatial powerhouse: https://www.elastic.co/geospatial
– Learn more about the Elasticsearch: https://www.elastic.co/elasticsearch/
Start the 14-day trial for free! No credit card required: https://cloud.elastic.co/registration
Subscribe to Elastic’s Community YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialElasticCommunity
Connect with us on social media:
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/elastic-co
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/elastic
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elastic.co
Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions, and we help everyone — organizations, their employees, and their customers — find what they need faster, while keeping applications running smoothly, and protecting against cyber threats. When you tap into the power of Elastic Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security solutions, you’re in good company with brands like Netflix, Uber, Slack, Microsoft, and thousands of others who rely on us to accelerate results that matter.
You can watch this video also at the source.