There may be times when troubleshooting your website that you need to check and repair tables in your database, as they may have become corrupt.Learn how to Check & Repair a Database in cPanel using MySQL Databases, and PHPmyAdmin. We highly recommend backing up your database before proceeding with this guide. Below is an outline of the steps – Check and repair databases in MySQL Databases:
1. Login to cPanel.
2. Click the “MySQL Databases” button.
3. Select the database that you want to check from the drop down menu next to Check DB, then click the “Check DB” button.
4. If tables need repaired, click the “Go Back” button. Select the database that you want to repair from the drop down menu next to Repair DB, then click the “Repair DB” button.
How to Check and Repair a Database in PHPMyAdmin:
1. Log into cPanel.
2. Click the “phpMyAdmin” button.
3. Choose the database you want to check/repair by clicking on it in the left menu
4. You will see a listing of your tables. Click “Check All” and then from the drop down choose “Check Table” or “Repair Table” as needed. The page will refresh and give you a summary of the tables that were checked/repaired.
For more information, read the full articles here:
Check and repair databases in MySQL Databases – http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/databases/check-and-repair-databases-in-cpanel
How to Check and Repair a Database in PHPMyAdmin – http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/databases/check-repair-database
We also recommend backing up your database before following this guide. Here is a full guide on how to backup your database in cPanel – http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/backup-and-restore/backup-your-database-in-cpanel
InMotion Hosting was founded in 2001 and provides personal and business web hosting for everyone! For more information about InMotion Hosting and the services we provide see here:
Publisher: InMotion Hosting
You can watch this video also at the source.