The most recent versions of software are not always available in intaller tools such as Softaculous. Therefore, if you want to use the most current version (including Beta or Release Candidates) you will need to do a manual install of the software. In this episode of Community Q&A, we will show you how to install Drupal 8 manually within the cPanel of your hosting account. There are just a few simple steps involved:
– Creating the Drupal database
– Create the database user
– Attach the user to the database
– Uploading the Drupal 8 compressed file
– Extract the package files
– Copy the files to the desired location
– Follow the Drupal install wizard
For more information on manually installing Drupal 8, see our article in the Support Center.
InMotion Hosting was founded in 2001 and provides personal and business web hosting for everyone! For more information about InMotion Hosting and the services we provide see here:
Publisher: InMotion Hosting
You can watch this video also at the source.