Domain names are registered via various registrars before you can start using them. Despite the various functions provided by a Registrar, it also allows you to move domain name from one customer account to another. Sometimes moving a domain name is confused with domain transfer process, even though it is a different process altogether.
The following terms are generally used when it comes to moving a domain name but can mean two very different things. Let us understand the difference between Moving a Domain Name & Transferring a Domain Name:
Move Domain Names: This refers to moving domains from one Customer control panel to another Customer control panel within the same Registrar. Our video covers how to move a domain name. Unlike domain transfer, only the registrar where the domain is currently listed in involved in the process.
Domain Transfer or Migrate Domain Names: This refers to transferring a domain name from one registrar to another registrar panel. A domain transfer involves the domain owner, registrar where the domain is currently listed as well as the registrar where you want to move your domain.
This video covers how to move a domain name. Unlike domain transfer, only the registrar where the domain is currently listed in involved in the process.
In this video, we talk about how you can move an order along with all other related products and services from your existing customer control panel to another customer using the Move option.
Following are the steps :
1. Login to the Customer Account under which the domain is registered.
2. Click on Manage Orders then select List/Search Orders.
3. Click on the domain name you wish to move.
4. On the overview page next to the Domain Registration tab click on Move Services.
5. Enter the details of the new Customer account where you wish to move the orders.
6. And then click on Move Services.
It is also possible to place a move domain name request from your Reseller account using the following steps mentioned below:
1. Login to your Reseller Account (https://india.resellerclub.com/login).
2. Click on Products and then select the List All Orders option.
3. Click on the domain name you want to move to another account.
4. On the overview page next to Domain Registration click on Move Services
5. Enter the current Customer account details and the new Customer account details.
6. Then click on Move.
When you move domain name from one customer control panel to another ,the contact details of the domain is not modified. The domain is moved along with the existing contact details. Once you move domain name and the move action is completed, you can then manually modify the contact details for the domain.
Using ResellerClub’s Bulk Move Services feature, you can move multiple domain names simultaneously. In order to move domain name in bulk from one customer account to another, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Login to your Reseller Account(https://www.resellerclub.com/login).
2. Click on Products select Bulk Tools and click on Bulk Move Services
3. Enter the Domain Names/Order IDs you want to move.
4. Enter the Old Customer’s Id and Username.
5. Enter the New Customer’s ID and Username.
6. Click on Bulk Move.
The Move feature can be used only when you wish to move domain names along with all the orders associated with that domain name from one customer to another on the ResellerClub platform.
Do note, you cannot move a domain if that domain is under the Money Back period. Also, before placing the move request for a domain, make sure that there are no locks placed on that particular domain and the status of the domain is active. The Move option will also not work if you have G Suite or SSL order associated with the order you are trying to move.
.ASIA,.AT,.BERLIN,.BLUE,.CA,.CAREER,.CN,.CO,.COM.AU,.CO.NZ,.COOP,.UK,.CRICKET,.DE,.ES,.EU,.ME,.NL,.NYC,.OOO TLDs do not support the Bulk Move service. You cannot move domain names from multiple Customer account to another customer account. The move service can be used only to move domains from one single customer account to another customer account.
ResellerClub offers a lot many other services for variety of domain names available (https://www.resellerclub.com/domain-reseller/pricing) which can be easily moved from one customer account to another.
ResellerClub ( https://www.resellerclub.com/ )was founded with the objective of offering domain names and hosting products to Web Designers, Developers and Web Hosts. ResellerClub offers Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Servers, VPS, Email, Backup, Security and more with multi-brand options in many of these categories to empower choice. ResellerClub also offers a comprehensive solution to register and manage 500+ gTLDs, ccTLDs and new domains.
Follow Us on,
You can watch this video also at the source.