HPE GreenLake, Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s flagship cloud services offering, has received substantial enhancements. Network as a service, data services, high-performance computing functions, and compute operations management are among the twelve new cloud services being added to Greenlake.
Listen to this story
HPE GreenLake provides multi-cloud experiences everywhere – including on-premises, at the edge, in colocation facilities, and in the public cloud. The vendor continues to see high demand throughout the world. HPE reported $798 million in annual recurring revenue in Q1 2022, with as-a-service orders up 136 percent year over year.
More than 50 cloud services, including electronic health records, machine learning operations, payments, unified analytics, and SAP HANA, are built on the HPE GreenLake platform, as well as a variety of cloud services from partners.
“HPE was among the first to deliver a cloud platform that enables customers to manage and extract insights from their data from edge to cloud, and our continued innovation is driving growth and furthering our market leadership,” said Antonio Neri, President and CEO at HPE. “In the hybrid cloud market, HPE GreenLake is unique in its simplicity, unification, depth of cloud services, and partner network. Today, we are furthering our differentiation, boldly setting HPE GreenLake even further apart as the ideal platform for customers to drive data-first modernization.”
Twelve New Cloud Services
HPE has now announced twelve new cloud services in the areas of networking, data services, high-performance computing, and compute operations management. The following services are part of this GreenLake portfolio expansion.
HPE GreenLake for Aruba Networking
HPE is expanding its Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities with HPE GreenLake for Aruba networking, as a leading supplier and specialist in delivering full edge connectivity networking solutions. The eight new services streamline the procurement and deployment of NaaS, allowing clients to match network spending to consumption requirements while guaranteeing that the network is always ready to support business goals.
The new services are also designed to help channel partners meet increased customer demand for NaaS by allowing them to resell or supply managed services. The new services cover a wide range of client use cases, including wired, wireless, and SD-Branch, and offer unparalleled levels of velocity and flexibility, reducing time to revenue.
HPE GreenLake Data Services
New and enhanced services for block storage and data protection join the current HPE GreenLake data services.
HPE GreenLake for Block Storage – This is a block storage as-a-Service offering to deliver 100% data availability guarantee built-in on a cloud operational model. It would help organizations transform faster and bring self-service agility to critical enterprise applications. The new offering would deliver the following capabilities:
- Line of business owners and database administrators may use self-service provisioning to design and deploy new apps, services, and projects more quickly
- With considerable operational time savings, IT resources are liberated to concentrate on strategic, higher-value initiatives
HPE Backup and Recovery Service
Enhanced HPE Backup and Recovery Service is a hybrid cloud backup as a service. Customers can easily safeguard their data for Virtual Machines (VMs), restore data quickly on-premises, and keep long-term backups on the public cloud for a low fee. HPE Backup and Recovery Service for VMs running on heterogeneous infrastructure is now available.
HPE is also improving its ransomware recovery solutions by include immutable data copies in HPE Backup and Recovery Service, which can be used on-premises or on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
HPE GreenLake for High Performance Computing
By introducing new, purpose-built HPC capabilities to its HPE GreenLake for High Performance Computing services, HPE is making it easier for any company to embrace the technology. The new capabilities can swiftly handle the most demanding computing and data-intensive workloads, allowing AI and machine learning programs to be powered and time to insight to be shortened. Lower entry points to HPC are also available, with a smaller configuration of 10 nodes to evaluate workloads and grow as needed. The following are examples of new capabilities:
- NVIDIA A100, A40, and A30 Tensor Core GPUs in increments of 2-4-8 accelerators will be integrated with the new HPE Apollo 6500 Gen10 system to speed computing and progress data-intensive applications utilizing the NVIDIA A100, A40, and A30 Tensor Core GPUs. The new service will also include NVIDIA NVLink, which provides a smooth, high-speed connection across GPUs, allowing them to act as a single, powerful accelerator. In the near future, the recently announced NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPU, which is built on the new Hopper architecture and has even greater computing performance, will be incorporated.
- HPE Slingshot, a high-performance Ethernet fabric optimized for HPC and AI applications, will enable high-performance networking to meet the demands for increased speed and congestion control in greater data-intensive and AI workloads.
- HPE Parallel File System Storage is a scalable, high-performance storage system that can support a wide range of HPC and AI workloads.
- Multi-cloud connector APIs offer the ability to programmatically orchestrate HPC workflows on a diverse pool of computing resources such as other HPE GreenLake for HPC or public clouds. New model delivers more elasticity, scalability and tools to optimize usage of disaggregated resources. The capability would improve collaboration by connecting to other projects between multiple sites, removing silos.
HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management
The HPE GreenLake Compute Ops Management is a cloud-native management interface for accessing, monitoring, and managing servers, which was first unveiled at HPE Discover 2021. Compute Ops Management automates and secures the management of computing lifecycles across a customer’s compute infrastructure. The cloud service is now available for a 90-day free trial and will go on sale in June 2022.
HPE’s customer Kimley-Horn, a major U.S. business specialized in design and engineering consultancy in commercial and public infrastructure, has had early success with Compute Ops Management. Kimley-Horn was able to reduce nightly server upgrades from four hours to 45 minutes by utilizing the Compute Ops Manager, according to HPE.
HPE Partner Ecosystem
The HPE GreenLake platform draws a wide range of partners that want to offer their applications and services on it.
HPE continues to collaborate with major distribution partners on product development. HPE GreenLake, which was first announced in March 2021, is now accessible directly through ALSO Group, Arrow Electronics, Ingram Micro, and TD Synnex’s cloud marketplaces and ecommerce platforms. HPE GreenLake is now available to over 100,000 partners, who may use the platform to provide cloud services to their customers. A catalog of pre-defined cloud services for marketplaces has been added, as well as changes to simplify buying and paying.
HPE also unveiled HPE GreenLake for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI, a new, optimized product that gives clients additional options and flexibility in their hybrid IT settings. HPE GreenLake for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI is a pre-built and configured integrated system supplied as a pay-per-use service from HPE GreenLake enabling faster setup and simpler integration.
Finally, HPE announced today a new global agreement with Digital Realty, the largest global provider of cloud-and carrier-neutral data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. Digital Realty allows customers to run any HPE GreenLake service with colocation across Digital Realty’s more than 285 data centers on six continents, which includes sites in 50 major cities, to deliver a rich ecosystem of offerings and world-class business and cloud adjacency. Customers benefit from a seamless process with one agreement, invoice and integrated service management to speed time to value, sustainability objectives and innovation.