For the first time ever, Dell EMC is sponsoring a NASCAR team, JTG Daugherty Racing. Through this partnership, Dell EMC intends to promote Dell IoT Solutions. Dell EMC is working with JTG Daugherty Racing to help provide a competitive edge through the implementation of IoT technology within the race car, on the track and at the shop.
This collaboration would be reflective of the growing trend within NASCAR to leverage more powerful technologies and data in new ways to help improve performance at all levels of the race team – for the drivers, throughout practice and testing and at the track on race day.
With “powerful” insights and analytics, JTG Daugherty Racing expects tangible advantages from its Dell EMC solutions, including the power to control their garage and shop in North Carolina from afar and improving team performance on the track.
Specific Dell EMC solutions that would help the team:
- Enhance productivity and power simulation workloads with Dell Precision 7510 Mobile Workstations
- Gain real-time insights about timing and scoring, directly from track to server with the Dell Edge Gateway 5000 Series for IoT
- Enable testing of shock with Dell Embedded Box PC 3000 Series, designed to withstand the harshest of environments
- Improve tire matching via barcodes with Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet
- Deliver driver overview of speed and performance with Dell Latitude laptops.
- Support applications for predictive modeling to help JTG Racing identify when critical parts are approaching end of life in the race car
- Support race engineers and tire specialists to make smarter, faster decisions trackside or in the garage using Dell Precision 7510 mobile workstations and Dell Latitude 5000 Series laptops to run real-time decision making software
- Streamline operations with ruggedized Dell EMC PowerEdge servers in JTG Daugherty Racing’s Harrisburg, N.C. shop and on the haulers that transport cars to the races; the servers store vital race car information to help simplify car set-up when transitioning to a new track
“In NASCAR, we process large amounts of data quickly to gain insights, then develop conclusions and solutions,” said Tad Geschickter, owner of JTG Daugherty Racing team. “Additionally, we leverage resources located in remote locations so there is a need to move data to multiple points quickly. Dell and Dell EMC provide solutions to accomplish this seamlessly.”
Dell EMC provides a foundation for businesses to transform their IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their businesses through the creation of cloud-native applications, IoT, and big data solutions.
“Dell EMC plays a big role in what we do both at the shop and at the track,” said Tony Palmer, No. 47 Kroger ClickList Chevrolet race engineer. “From sharing, collecting and analyzing all kinds of data, computing critical fuel mileage and pit windows during the race, all the way down to monitoring crucial weather data, a lot of what we do requires some serious computing power. That’s where Dell EMC comes in. The ability to run faster simulations increases our productivity to help find that critical extra tenth of a second. We’re fortunate to have a great partnership with Dell EMC to help us excel and be the best.”