Veeam Software, a pioneering provider of data center availability solutions, has today announced the general availability of Veeam Availability SuiteTM v9. The latest version of Veeam’s availability solution introduces more than 250 new “innovative” features and enhancements to help organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data.
Veeam Availability Suite v9 introduces hundreds of enterprise-focused enhancements and new features delivering the following capabilities: high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility.
“Today’s enterprises are more demanding than ever before, generating ever-increasing amounts of data to which they expect 24/7 access; this places an immense burden on IT to deliver,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO at Veeam. “Veeam Availability Suite v9 addresses these needs with our most robust, scalable and feature-rich offering to date. Almost 42,000 customers registered for pre-launch updates (double that of v8), which illustrates the desire among enterprises to move from legacy backup solutions to innovative availability solutions.”
Notable highlights within Veeam Availability Suite v9 are:
EMC VNX and VNXe hybrid storage array integration
- A combination of Veeam and EMC would deliver lower RTPOs with Veeam Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots. This integration would help IT professionals rapidly create backups from EMC VNX or VNXe storage snapshots and easily recover individual items in two minutes or less – without staging or intermediate step, all with minimal impact on production virtual machines (VMs).
Additional Primary Storage Integrations for HPE, NetApp and EMC (NEW)
- Veeam On-Demand Sandbox for Storage Snapshots and enhancements to Backup from Storage Snapshots for storage solutions from EMC, HPE and NetApp to help leverage enterprise storage investments for dev/test and eliminate impact from backup activities on production environment.
- Direct NFS Access for any NFS-based primary storage to improve backup performance and remove impact from backup activities on VMware vSphere
Veeam Explorer for Oracle (NEW)
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle: Features unique transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases, including agentless transaction log backup so customers can restore databases to a precise point in time, thus achieving low recovery point objectives (RPOs); “quick and simple” 1-click restore of individual databases; support for databases running on Windows- and Linux-based servers, and fully compatible with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- New eDiscovery features for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange: Useful for complying with legal or government investigations. New features include detailed export reports specifying exactly what was exported, from where, and with what search criteria; as well as search query result size estimation capabilities.
- Major enhancements for Microsoft enterprise applications: Allows restores of Group Policy Objects, integrated DNS records and configuration partition objects with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, full-site restores with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, and table-level restores with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server.
DRaaS powered by Veeam Cloud Connect Replication
- Included in v9, Veeam customers would get a fully integrated, fast and secure means to replicate workloads to the cloud, enabling Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) with “dramatically” improved recovery time objectives (RTOs). By building a technology that “securely and seamlessly” bridges the user to a trusted service provider of their choice, Veeam customers no longer have to build and maintain a disaster recovery site, offloading a tremendous amount of cost and complexity from their IT infrastructure. The extended functionality would also give Veeam Cloud & Service Providers the ability to provide their customers with “fast and secure” DRaaS with the new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers offering.
“Veeam Availability Suite V9’s release is a game-changer for the DRaaS market,” said Ian McClarty, President at cloud hosting and colocation provider, PhoenixNAP. “The new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication feature will allow us to bring true disaster recovery services, with strong SLAs, to enterprises of all shapes and sizes. Together with its world-class ProPartner community, we are excited to continue to deliver on Veeam’s promise of enabling the Always-On Enterprise.”
Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository
- Managing backup storage is an enormous and expensive effort for the enterprise; in no small part because the exponential rate of data growth would be outpacing the ability of legacy solutions to manage it efficiently and cost-effectively. Veeam’s new Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository addresses this challenge, lowering backup storage hardware spending and simplifying backup storage and backup job management in the enterprise, while improving backup performance.