Logicalis US, part of the Localis Group that provides IT solutions and managed services to businesses worldwide, has announced a new Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud resource, called the Logicalis On-Demand Cloud.
The Logicalis On-Demand Cloud is a self-managed, multi-tenant public cloud infrastructure that provides the flexible compute resources, memory and storage necessary to complete projects such as test & development, proof of concept, training, bursting and other short-term needs.
Data Security: SSAE-16 Certified
The IaaS cloud platform is delivered by the company through its public Enterprise Cloud that incorporates ITIL V3 best management practices, encrypted storage and is SSAE-16 certified to ensure data security. The On-Demand Cloud provides an industry-standard API for automated provisioning from existing customer portals.
Logicalis On-Demand Cloud offers the benefit of not requiring customers to invest in building and managing their own on-premises infrastructure. Complete with basic levels of self management, infrastructure monitoring, provisioning, storage and security, the Logicalis On-Demand Cloud offers a dynamic infrastructure to companies needing more flexible compute resources.
Judging on the size of the company and the power of the parent company behind Logicalis, we can imagine that your IT infrastructure and data would be in good hands when placed in the Logicalis On-Demand Cloud. Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific. The company is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
On-Demand IaaS Cloud, 6 Benefits for CIOs:
- Fulfilling short-term needs: An on-demand IaaS cloud service provides short-term resources that match an organization’s computing needs when and how those resources are needed most.
- Providing flexibility: On-demand IaaS cloud will provide users with a dynamic scalable IT infrastructure, up and down adjustable.
- The CFO will probably love it: Pricing for on-demand cloud many times is billed hourly and gives customers the option to cap monthly usage to adhere to budgetary restrictions. In that case, a CFO will not be confronted with huge upfront IT infrastructure investments.
- Faster time to market: Enterprise organizations might gain a faster time to market with rapidly provisioned compute memory, bandwidth and disk space.
- Up-to-date infrastructure: Using an on-demand IaaS solution provides access to current technology that would otherwise be unattainable at a comparable price.
- Built-in redundancy: The hardware independent character of IaaS cloud makes hardware failures inconsequential.