NovaStor, an international provider of backup solutions, has announced an upgrade to its NovaBACKUP 18 backup solution adding granular restore capability for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL. NovaBACKUP 18 users would now experience an improved restore functionality for single Exchange mailboxes and SQL Databases.
This new Granular Restore application is included with the NovaBACKUP Business Essentials software as well as in a forthcoming update to NovaStor’s DataCenter network backup solution. NovaBACKUP offers these features at no additional charge.
With the Granular Restore tool, IT resellers or IT managers would be able to significantly reduce the time associated with email search and restoration, as well as Microsoft Exchange Server consolidation and migration. With the new NovaStor Granular Restore application, users can recover a specific Exchange mailbox, as well as individual objects such as messages, attachments, contacts and more – in a lot less time than with a database restore, according to NovaStor.
NovaStor’s Granular Restore tool provides direct access to unmounted database tables and mail store contents, displaying file structure and its contents with selective export functionality. The search tool allows users to be very specific about what pieces of information they want instead of having to export large tables and unnecessary files.
“No matter what industry you’re in, data availability is critical and the amount of time spent to retrieve lost data must be minimal,” said Mike Andrews, Managing Director of NovaStor. “Our new Granular Restore tool makes it easier than ever for NovaBACKUP users to pinpoint specific data, and have it at their fingertips at those times when they need it most.”
With NovaStor’s Granular Restore, businesses and corporations of any size would be able to:
- Minimize the time needed to restore individual Exchange messages, mailboxes or entire EDB files – or SharePoint items, lists, libraries, folders and entire sites.
- Search and locate specific files faster – even across multiple data sources – then extract those items to a specific location.
- Open Outlook PST and OST files
- Search, select and export items back into live Exchange mailboxes, or save as PST files
- Reduce the time, requirements and bandwidth usage required to access Exchange mail storage and SQL database tables.