Austin, Texas-based Infocyte, a pioneer in proactive threat detection and instant incident response (IR), has announced the availability of Infocyte HUNT Cloud for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Infocyte’s solution, HUNT Cloud for AWS, features agentless deployment through AWS APIs and artificial intelligence (AI) to quickly identify, categorize and respond to persistent, hidden and other advanced threats and vulnerabilities. Addressing cloud workloads, this solution combines comprehensive detection and IR for high-growth cloud environments.
Leveraging AWS CloudTrail, Activity Trace would provide immediate insight into the root cause of threats at the host and cloud management layers, enabling instantaneous IR and remediation. Availability of Infocyte HUNT Cloud on the leading cloud services platforms begins with AWS and will expand to Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) later this year.
“As more assets move to cloud environments, cloud security is paramount, but gaps remain for these high-value assets,” said Curtis Hutcheson, CEO of Infocyte. “Infocyte HUNT Cloud equips organizations to inspect and certify their entire asset pool across cloud or on-premises is clean and secure, quickly detecting and responding to threats, vulnerabilities or anomalies without business disruption.”
Key features of Infocyte HUNT Cloud for AWS would include:
- Instant, real-time baselining and certification ensure cloud environments are free from security threats or breaches within minutes of deployment
- Patent-pending memory analysis to address threats capable of bypassing application whitelisting
- Full inventory of their cloud environment, including instances and workloads, with containers and serverless functions coming soon
- Continuous cloud monitoring and triggered scans based on new or modified cloud workloads, which hunt, detect and respond to threats in real-time
- Inspect workloads and respond to threats via AWS API, eliminating the need for deploying software
- Flexible, affordable pricing with off-cloud analysis and consumption-based billing
Check Point Software Technologies
Infocyte HUNT Cloud’s AWS module enables Check Point Software Technologies to provide their customer base with the industry’s best threat detection and response platform, ensuring their cloud environments are clean and secure. Integrated with Check Point’s CloudGuard family of protections, companies get a comprehensive solution for compliance, prevention and incident response across their entire cloud infrastructure.
“Customers moving to the cloud may think they have built-in protections, but are sadly mistaken,” said Dan Wiley, Head of Incident Response at Check Point Software Technologies. “The dynamic nature of cloud infrastructures requires advanced incident response and forensics to identify cloud-based breaches. Through our partnership with Infocyte, we can provide next-generation protection and incident response capabilities in extremely fast engagements, limiting downtime and dwell time.”
In the coming months, Infocyte plans to address the cloud management layer by auditing Identity and Access Management (IAM) account usage for stolen AWS credentials, which is currently in beta. Infocyte will also add capabilities pertaining to response actions and serverless functions later this year.
Infocyte HUNT Cloud will be available for purchase on the AWS Marketplace and through Infocyte’s global partner network, which includes leading providers such as Check Point, AT&T and PwC.