VIDEO – Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) hosting provider Internap has announced that the company will open a new high density data center in the New York metro area in Q4 2013. The new colocation facilities will enable power configurations up to 18kW per rack, among the highest in the industry.
Opening in Q4 2013, Internap’s new carrier-neutral data center, located in Secaucus, N.J., is within easy access of the bridges and tunnels into Manhattan, the NJ Turnpike, the Secaucus Junction train station and the New York metropolitan area’s three international airports.
Key features of the new Internap colocation facilities in New York include:
- High-density Power: Up to 18kW per rack.
- Remote Management: Reboot servers, check power utilization and environmentals and monitor bandwidth all via a single interface.
- Energy Efficient Design: Designed to achieve LEED certification, this New York metro data center’s efficient design components include outdoor air economizers, variable frequency drives on chillers and pumps and cold aisle/hot aisle containment zones.
- Monitoring and Security: 24/7 on-site security personnel, closed-circuit television, as well as biometric, electronic and key card locks.
- Connectivity: Enhanced connectivity options include Performance IPTM and access to a carrier-neutral Meet Me Room for easy access to alternate providers.
Take a virtual data center tour and see for yourself what the qualities of this new New York colocation facilities are:[youtube_sc url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqd6C61o97Q&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLVi38hVMUPX_gLLtR7BOgwtiwwjIUf2k1″ title=”data-center-new-york” ratio=”4:3″ modestbranding=”1″ autohide=”1″ autoplay=”1″ fs=”1″ cc_load_policy=”1″ rel=”0″ showinfo=”0″ embedcode=”old” enablejsapi=”1″]
Hosting provider Internap has data center facilities located all over the world, including a variety of data centers at the East Coast and West Coast of the U.S., plus data centers that are located at key locations in Europe and Asia Pacific.