IP Infusion, Inc., a provider of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) solutions for enhanced Ethernet and IP services, has announced the availability of VirNOS, a virtual network platform based on Network Functions Virtualization (NFV). The solution would enable network operators to reduce their CapEx and OpEx costs, accelerate time-to-market for new services, increase agility, and deploy new network services faster.
Many core networking services, including switching, routing, load balancing and VPN, can now be performed by software either running directly on x86-64 servers or running as virtual machines, instead of requiring expensive networking equipment.
IP Infusion’s VirNOS NFV-based software platform virtualizes network functions to give network operators a flexible and cost-effective approach to deploy and manage their networking services.
Key features of the VirNOS NFV-based software platform would include:
- Supports flow switching via OpenFlow for easy deployment of innovative routing and switching protocols
- Uses Intel DPDK to provide programming framework that scales and enables faster development of high speed data packet networking applications
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, Unicast)
- Leverages mature code base of ZebOS-XP – IP Infusion’s industry proven platform
- Ideal for virtual machines, high-security networks and next generation IP-based mobile networks
“With the NFV capabilities of IP Infusion’s new VirNOS platform, network operators can offer new network services more readily, and scale services up and down to support their changing business requirements,” said Kiyo Oishi, CEO and president of IP Infusion. “We are partnering with several network equipment manufacturers to package our NFV technology into their software offerings which will generate more innovative network services and help their customers to offer new revenue models and growth opportunities.”
IP Infusion is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD.