After its move to a new data center facility in New York last year, Java hosting and DDoS protection provider JavaPipe has now launched a new DDoS protected VPS hosting series in addition to its dedicated server offerings. JavaPipe’s DDoS protection consists of three DDoS mitigation layers to combat any type of DDoS attack as efficiently as possible.
The VPS nodes utilize the latest Intel Xeon CPUs, high-frequency DDR3 RAM and local SSD storage for “fast, low-latency” I/O operations. This would make the virtual servers suitable to run applications that require high performance, such as game servers, as well as busy web and database servers.
JavaPipe decided to use the Xen virtualization technology to maintain a high level of manageability while allowing users to customize their kernel settings and be in complete control over the operating Linux system.
The three DDoS mitigation layers inserted in JavaPipe’s DDoS protection solution include:
- Static ACLs – The first layer of DDoS defense consists of ACLs (Access Control Lists) to mitigate reflection DDoS attacks before they can enter the network
- RioRey Equipment – The second layer consists of RioRey DDoS mitigation hardware that mitigates most remaining network and application layer attacks
- PipeGuard In-House DDoS Firewalls – The third layer consists of newly developed in-house firewalls that detect and block all remaining DDoS attack traffic instantly
By default all VPS hosting packages come with 10Gbps/2Mpps DDoS protection, but it can be upgraded to 50Gbps+ dedicated or burstable protection levels.
Virtual Server Management
All of the virtual server resources can be selected dynamically, which means that users only pay for the resources they actually need and don’t have to purchase fixed plans.
JavaPipe provides different levels of management for its VPS hosting solutions, depending on the user’s needs and expertise. Available management levels include:
- Unmanaged – For experts who don’t need any software management
- Semi Managed – For advanced users who might need a hand every now and then
- Fully Managed – Completely managed VPS hosting, which includes the Vesta hosting control panel, advanced layer 7 DDoS protection, a WAF (Web Application Firewall) against hacking attempts while also featuring support of the new HTTP/2 protocol.