Jelastic PaaS Lite Edition is now available for automatic installation on top of DigitalOcean’s cloud hosting infrastructure. This turnkey solution includes a wide set of tools and functionality that can be used by IT departments for management of cloud-native and legacy applications.
The released offering provides a lightweight edition of Jelastic PaaS on top of DigitalOcean infrastructure to help customers more easily deploy and manage cloud-native applications, while lowering costs.
ISVs can use Jelastic’s platform to move from traditional software licensing approach to as-a-service model. Also, it is a ready to go PaaS engine for launching own cloud services in a specific niche. Digital agencies would benefit from the automation of scaling, clustering and integrated CI/CD tools – in order to provide their customers with fast updates and decrease internal efforts on maintenance. E-commerce projects would get pre-configured clustered packages to achieve high availability and scaling on demand during load peaks with no need for complex manual configurations.
Private Cloud on VMs
Jelastic PaaS Lite Edition (LE) now can be automatically deployed as a private cloud on VMs from DigitalOcean. This cloud platform provides full access to the developer dashboard and admin panel of the whole cluster with a wide range of features:
- Management of multiple Droplets and regions within a single admin panel
- Superb developer web portal for easy environment provisioning, scaling and updates
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling according to the applications load
- Automated clustering and replication for application servers and databases
- Quotas and access policies assignment to different user groups for secure and productive team collaboration
- Integration with Git, SVN & Continuous Integration services
- More than 50 pre-configured certified containers for Java, PHP, Node.js, Ruby, Python, Go environments with out-of-box upgrades
- Platform customization and whitelabeling
- Auto-scalable clusters of WordPress, Magento, MySQL/MariaDB and other advanced packages available for one-click installation from built-in Marketplace
- Auto-scalable Kubernetes clusters and Docker containers support
- Open API, CLI and SSH access for deeper containers management
- Built-in metering, monitoring and troubleshooting tools
“By combining the power of Jelastic PaaS with DigitalOcean’s cloud, development teams can significantly reduce the infrastructure costs and eliminate management complexity at different stages of application lifecycle,” said Ihor Kolodyuk, VP of Technology, Jelastic. “In addition, the released solution extends the choice of PaaS offerings for IT companies on the multi-cloud market.”
– story continues below the image –
The licensing depends on the type and number of DigitalOcean Droplets connected to Jelastic PaaS LE. The recommended infrastructure requirements for initial setup of the cluster are 100 GB disk space, 8 GB RAM, and 4 CPU cores. However, based on the needs, there can be selected droplets of various capacities:
- 4 GB RAM (minimum requirement) – suitable for initial testing
- 8 GB RAM – appropriate for small projects
- 16GB+ RAM – recommended for production and large size development environments
“With more developers as well as small and midsized businesses turning to apps to power their projects, our goal is to make app creation and management easier from start to finish,” said Apurva Joshi, VP Product, DigitalOcean. “Jelastic’s PaaS offering on DigitalOcean automates creation, scaling, clustering and security updates, enabling developers to spend less time worrying about infrastructure, and more time managing their applications.”