Palo Alto, California based Jelastic Inc. has released a new version of its Platform as a Service targeting web developers, application designers and web hosting service providers. Version 1.9.2. of the cloud hosting platform for Java and PHP applications includes many new features.
In the 1.0.2 release, Jelastic has implemented features and changes like GIT & SVN Auto-deploy, FTP and FTPS access to database servers, scheduling MongoDB backups, a handy search box and loads more. The new features and improvements include:
- GIT & SVN Auto-deploy: Jelastic users can set immediate or periodical automatic deployment of their projects based on the changes they have committed via GIT/SVN repository and increase their productivity.
- PHP 5.5: In addition to versions 5.3 and 5.4, PHP enthusiasts can now enjoy working with the newest version of PHP and benefit from all of its features. Users can change the version of the stack that they are using with a simple selection from the drop-down list.
- FTP and FTPS access to database servers: Jelastic has been providing FTP/FTPS access to application servers for a long time. Now this feature has been expanded to all database servers. Users get an easy and reliable way of file sharing and data transfer to and from their database servers in their Jelastic environments, including local backup files.
- Scheduling MongoDB Database Backups: Now Jelastic users can schedule not only MySQL and MariaDB backups, but also MongoDB ones with just a few clicks.
- Ability to change GC, -Xmx, -Xms: This update gives a user the ability to configure memory settings and set custom parameters for their Java container.
- Ability to deploy PHP projects from GIT repository with submodules/dependencies added: Select the project you need and get everything else retrieved and deployed automatically.
- Ability to assign an internal IP to VDS components: Jelastic VDS is a full-root-access virtual private server that customers can use for any extra components that their applications might need such as back end servers, console applications, email servers and backup servers. Now users have the ability to assign such servers not only publicly but also with private IP addresses.
- Search box: Users can use this search box right from the dashboard to get the answers to the questions they are most interested in.
- Jelastic Cluster Admin, the back end administration tool for hosters, was improved dramatically. Email localization, different groups creation, auto recharge option and application packaging management features simplify provider-side work.
- Hosting providers can set bonus percentages for their users from the first payment if they convert and replenish the account during a specified time.
- High availability of the system was increased by using multiple resolvers, which receive requests simultaneously.
- Billing and SSO integration. APIs have been improved to not only cover full integration for standard off-the-shelf billing systems but also home grown solutions.
- Built-in integration for trial email campaigns.
- Firewall for end users’ containers help to prevent unauthorized SSH access and to defend hosting provider’s data against various brute force or DDoS attacks, rootkits and botnets.
Jelastic’s fundamentally new approach to Java and PHP hosting means that there is no need to learn custom systems or recode applications in order to deploy. Jelastic is PaaS solution that can run any Java or PHP app with no limitations or code changes required. Jelastic 1.9.1 was released in May 2013.
The company was launched in 2011 as a PaaS provider for Java applications. In 2013, Jelastic added PHP cloud hosting to their service options. Jelastic has data centers and hosting partners worldwide and 55,000 users on the platform.
Do you want to stay ahead of the competition? Subscribe to our bi-weekly HostingJournalist.com email newsletter with breaking cloud, hosting and data center industry news.
- Koen Stegeman, Editor-in-Chief and CEO