Juniper Networks has released the innovation that will power its vision and strategy for ‘Cloud Metro’ – a new category of solutions from Juniper aimed at service providers. These solutions are optimized for metro transformation and sustainable business growth.
Due to the enormous scale, agility, and experience demands brought on by global digital transformation and the introduction of 5G services, traditional or ‘retro’ metro networks are becoming increasingly device-centric and are collapsing, according to Juniper.
With a number of high-performance networking technologies, driven by AI-enabled, cloud-delivered automation, specifically created to build next-generation Cloud Metro infrastructure, this announcement by Juniper focuses on allowing sustainable company growth.
These systems would enable service providers to sustain profitable business growth while also delivering significantly reduced natural resource consumption capabilities to help the environment, improved tools, and simplified working methods to support overworked operations teams, embedded service assurance and security capabilities to optimize service experience, and more.
Network Bandwidth Increase
With their energy-efficient, adaptive power designs as its guiding concept, Juniper’s new Cloud Metro systems enable unwanted features and Packet Forwarding Engines (PFEs) to be automatically turned off when not in use. The removable modular power shelf architecture would accommodate up to 48 times bandwidth increase within the same chassis, reducing e-waste and extending system lives.
With Juniper Networks, service providers can streamline daily procedures, deploy services more quickly (device onboarding takes minutes as opposed to hours), decrease trouble tickets, and hasten the restoration of services and, consequently, revenue. This may have a major positive impact on productivity, enabling network engineers and operators to complete more tasks.
Juniper Networks’ Cloud Metro Solution Offering Overview:
- Juniper Paragon Automation as a Service – is an AI-enabled, cloud-delivered automation portfolio for metro networks that cuts mean time to know (MTTK) and mean time to recovery in half and provides rapid time-to-service benefit from months to minutes (MTTR).
- Juniper AI-Enabled Device Onboarding-as-a-Service – is an application to deploy Juniper Paragon Automation as a Service. This would result in tangible business outcomes by drastically speeding up device onboarding.
- Juniper Networks ACX7000 Family – these products are environmentally friendly, high-performance systems that use novel design and adaptive power breakthroughs to provide for lower power usage, higher space efficiencies, and longer system lifetime. Additionally, the portfolio would offer one of the fastest router line cards in the market, as well as the highest 400GE density and fabric capacity per slot, with up to 21.6 Tbps and 54 400GE ports that are prepared for 800G and beyond.
- Juniper Paragon Active Assurance – In JUNOS OS Evolved, which is available in all ACX7000 models, test agents are embedded. This would eliminate the requirement for the deployment of extra, standalone probe hardware by converting the cloud metro network into a distributed sensor for proactively ensuring user experience. Additionally, service providers may now simulate traffic for both the control plane and user plane thanks to the additional ability to emulate 5G UE/gNB, guaranteeing that each 5G network slice satisfies required SLA.
- Zero Trust Security – The Juniper Cloud Metro solution is built on the fundamentals of threat detection, analysis, and prevention from Juniper’s Connected Security portfolio. The Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) implements distinct cryptographic digital identities throughout the Cloud Metro IP services fabric, enabling device attestation and RFC-compliant secure zero-touch provisioning (sZTP). Data at rest and data in transit are further protected by the use of file encryption and MACsec. The ability of Paragon to automatically validate the security deployment and functioning across a network of ACX7000 devices further strengthens this all-encompassing approach to trust.
- Juniper Networks 400G ZR/ZR+ optics – co-developed to eliminate an entire layer of DWDM transponder terminals by integrating 400G ZR/ZR+ Digital Coherent Optics, which consolidates IP and optical layers with coherent pluggable optics (DCO). These lenses are completely compliant with OpenZR+ and OIF industry standards.
“In a world of ‘retro metros,’ Juniper’s new Cloud Metro solution stands apart. Our cloud-delivered Paragon Automation-as-a-Service promises immediate productivity increases for service providers,” said Brendan Gibbs, Senior Vice President of Automated WAN Solutions, Juniper Networks. “Instead of building complex, time-consuming ‘DIY’ automation solutions, they are empowered to focus on assuring service experiences for their customers. By extending our proven AI solution to the service provider WAN, we can improve productivity for customer operations teams by dramatically reducing trouble tickets and increasing network availability. And our extended ACX7000 Family delivers the most secure, assured, scalable and intelligent Cloud Metro portfolio on the market. This is the answer to service provider needs for a sustainable future for their profits, their people and the planet.”