Network solutions vendor, Juniper Networks, has announced the launch of Juniper Networks Unite Cloud – a transformative data center framework that gives enterprises an end-to-end solution to simplify the creation and management of hybrid, multi-cloud environments.
Unite Cloud, part of the Juniper Networks Unite architecture, is designed to reduce the total cost of ownership while increasing long-term return on investments. In addition to Juniper’s existing comprehensive data center solutions, Unite Cloud also includes:
- An enhanced Junos Space Network Director management application that leverages advanced automation to analyze and control data centers.
- The new Juniper Networks QFX5110 switch with 100 Gigabit (GB) capabilities to scale with evolving bandwidth demands.
- The new Juniper Networks Contrail JumpStart service offerings that would help enterprises rapidly deploy technologies at lower risk to embrace the cloud seamlessly.
The Unite Cloud solutions unveiled today complement the previously announced Unite Campus and Unite Cloud-Enabled Branch solutions to further broaden the Juniper Unite architecture.
“The move to hybrid, multi-cloud IT is accelerating with workloads migrating to cloud data centers at lightspeed,” said Denise Shiffman, senior vice president, Juniper Development and Innovation, Juniper Networks. “Enterprises require agility and elasticity for applications or services to be spun up quickly and managed efficiently and securely with limited resources. With the solutions announced today, Juniper is changing the landscape for IT leaders who are in search of open, automated and secure solutions to deploy hybrid cloud environments.”
Key features of Juniper Unite Cloud would include:
- Advanced Automation for Simplified Management – Network Director 3.0, the latest version of Juniper’s data center management tool, would provide advanced automation for simple management, allowing networks to scale securely with analytics that enable an enhanced experience to visualize, analyze and control the network. Features include:
- Ability to configure and visualize multiple data centers through a single pane of glass – relieving network administrators from performing manual provisioning and configuration.
- Controller-less network virtualization – to automate the building and management for overlay fabrics on top of layer 3 fabrics, utilizing Ethernet VPN (EVPN) control plane and Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) overlay.
- Support for Junos Fusion – which enables the management of multiple distributed devices as one device and reduces operational complexity.
- Automatic – detection and push of network configurations to ports.
- New Scalable Building Blocks for Next-Generation Data Centers – The new QFX5110 data center switch is designed to be scalable and agile enough to handle high-bandwidth applications, including server virtualization and simple leaf and spine topologies to web scale fabric architectures. This would allow customers to increase traffic speeds for their business without complete rip and replace of their network infrastructure. Features include:
- Support for 10/40GbE access speeds and four 100G uplinks – to enable leaf to spine deployment models to manage growing traffic demands.
- Inline tunnel routing feature – creates more efficient Internet protocol forwarding.
- Support for – virtual machines, containers and a platform for third-party applications.
- Professional Services for Streamlined Deployment – With Contrail as a solution for service orchestration within cloud environments, Juniper Networks has added Contrail JumpStart services to assist customers with the deployment of the Contrail Cloud Platform or Contrail Networking software in their data centers.
Announced in 2015, Juniper Unite is an architecture for the entire enterprise including data center, campus and branch with coherent management. It would allow organizations to design and build network infrastructures that meet their specific needs.