Network solutions vendor, Juniper Networks, has unveiled Firefly Suite, a virtualized security portfolio that provides granular, dynamic and secure connectivity for public and private cloud hosting. The new suite would offer enterprises and hosting services providers multi-layered virtualized security solutions that provide scale and agility for cloud data centers.
The Firefly Suite proactively protects virtual workloads and applications in real-time with security intelligence, automation and unified control over virtual firewalls, enabling organizations to securely leverage these new cloud computing technologies.
Juniper’s security suite introduces Firefly Perimeter, a virtual version of the Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateway, as well as Junos Space Virtual Director, an application that automates the management and deployment of Firefly Perimeter. When combined with enhancements to Firefly Host, which provides hypervisor-based protection between virtual machines, the suite secures traffic within a virtualized data center as well as traffic to and from it.
Juniper Firefly Host is available now. Firefly Perimeter and Junos Space Virtual Director will be released in Q1 2014.
Major components and key features of Juniper Firefly Security Suite include:
- A new virtual and software-based version of the Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateway.
- The solution would deliver high availability, granular security with segmentation capabilities between zones, organizations, lines of business and applications, as well as rich connectivity features like Network Address Translation (NAT), routing and VPN.
- Can be deployed and managed centrally or individually as a security VM for each department, application or tenant.
- Juniper Networks Contrail would seamlessly integrate with Juniper’s flagship virtual firewall, Firefly Perimeter, to dynamically provision service-chained virtual and physical security services in cloud hosting environments.
Junos Space Virtual Director
- Also new with this release is Virtual Director, a new Junos Space application delivering full lifecycle management of Firefly Perimeter VMs.
- A lifecycle management application that enables organizations to automate provisioning and resource allocation of virtual machines associated with Firefly Perimeter VMs.
- This includes intuitive and easy-to-navigate and user interface with task-oriented workflows, pre-tested configuration, open APIs for integration with third-party management platforms.
- Firefly Host, formerly named vGW Virtual Gateway, is a purpose-built firewall for virtualization designed to protect intra-VM traffic.
- Firefly Host provides hypervisor-based stateful firewall for East-West traffic between virtual machines, including integrated intrusion detection (IDS), virtualization-specific antivirus (AV) protection and compliance tools, with management scale.
- Firefly Host is tightly integrated into the VMware hypervisor and VMware management framework.
- Synchronization of security policies across Firefly Host management centers provides automated policy management and granular control of VMs for multi-tenant environments.