Kubernetes automation software company Kubermatic has released KubeCarrier, an open source, cloud-native Service Management Hub. With KubeCarrier, platform operators can automate the provisioning and entire lifecycle management of services, applications, and API-accessible hardware devices by leveraging Kubernetes Operators.
Operators would extend the power of Kubernetes to a wide range of applications, serve as templates for automating application management, and improve scalability and repeatability. According to Kubernetes, this is critical for deploying stateful applications in a truly cloud-native way. However, as enterprise cloud-native adoption accelerates, organizations are confronted with the complexities of service management across multiple clusters, clouds, and regions. They would also struggle with enterprise-grade compliance and the operational burden involved, says Kubermatic.
KubeCarrier addresses these complexities by harnessing the Kubernetes API and Operators into a central framework. This would allow enterprises and service providers to deliver cloud-native service management from one multi-cloud, multi-cluster hub. With KubeCarrier, internal or external customers can immediately deploy the cloud-native software and services they need, including databases, data stores, monitoring, and service meshes.
Cloud-Native Service Management
KubeCarrier scales up to thousands of Kubernetes clusters to deploy and manage tens of thousands of applications, functions, and resources across multiple clouds and regions. As environments grow, it ensures scalability and repeatability by making it easy to locate, inspect, and manage services across the entire platform. KubeCarrier is licensed under the Apache 2.0 License and provides:
- Automated provisioning and lifecycle management of services, applications and API-accessible hardware devices
- Dynamic registration of services independent of cloud, region, or data center
- Application service store
- Multi-tenancy and user management with access right controls, permissions, and policies to define quotas
- Automated configuration and adjustable application services
- Native support for all Kubernetes Operators
By open sourcing KubeCarrier, Kubermatic expands its open source product portfolio which includes:
- Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform is widely deployed to automate the full lifecycle management of thousands of Kubernetes clusters across multi-cloud, on-premises, and edge environments with centralized governance and control. Designed to meet enterprise demands, Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform would provide IT operations teams with a highly scalable software to deliver Kubernetes-as-a-Service and Day 2 operations to their internal and external customers.
- KubeOne manages the deployment and entire lifecycle of single Kubernetes clusters on any infrastructure. Designed to provide one tool for every environment, KubeOne brings automated Kubernetes lifecycle management to data centers and edge locations alike.
“With our comprehensive portfolio of open source and enterprise software solutions and our strong footprint in the cloud native ecosystem, Kubermatic combines deep open source expertise and enterprise technology experience,” said Sebastian Scheele, CEO of Kubermatic. “With KubeCarrier, we continue to be at the forefront of the cloud-native transformation helping businesses successfully operate their multi-cloud and edge deployments.”