LeaseWeb, one of the world’s largest hosting brands with more than 60,000 physical servers under management, has announced another international expansion of its flat fee private cloud hosting platform. Following the launch of a similar flat fee private cloud platform in the U.S. last June, LeaseWeb Germany has now introduced this cloud platform in Germany.
The new cloud hosting solution, powered by Apache CloudStack open source technology, offers flat fee user access to dedicated pools of cloud resources. LeaseWeb Germany has located the platform in their data center in Frankfurt.
LeaseWeb Private Cloud is a plug-and-play private cloud hosting solution that enables users to create and manage multiple instances, and assign dedicated cloud resources such as dedicated cores, RAM storage, virtual networks, firewalls, and load balancers. These dedicated resources are fully reserved for individual clients, giving companies the freedom to customize their virtual infrastructure to exactly match their requirements.
For tech-savvy cloud users
The flat fee private cloud concept was initially introduced by LeaseWeb Netherlands in its home market. To meet compliance and data-integrity requirements, the three private cloud platforms are wholly independent from each other.
The new offering by LeaseWeb Germany is built for tech-savvy cloud users, among which systems integrators, MSPs, VARs, Internet media and application developers. The platform is connected to a worldwide IP backbone comprised of 52 Points of Presence (PoPs), 33 Internet Exchanges (IXs), and 4.0 Tbps of capacity, which is one of the largest networks of its type in the world.
The engineers of LeaseWeb have developed the solution not only for German customers, but also for North American and Asia-Pacific clients with European expansion plans. In addition, European organizations with redundancy requirements can utilize the German private cloud platform to create virtual mirrors at another location.
Additional LeaseWeb Private Cloud platforms are projected to launch in other geographical areas throughout 2014, with the aim of full global coverage by the end of this year. Planned locations currently include data centers in Singapore and on the U.S. West Coast. A private cloud platform on the West Coast will complement LeaseWeb USA’s recently launched platform on the East Coast, establishing full private cloud coverage across the United States.
The LeaseWeb Private Cloud features (150+) include:
- Dedicated cloud resources: Private cloud resources that are fully reserved for individual clients with no overbooking.
- Extensive scalability: Unlimited cloud instance deployment options in minutes, with cloning and templating functionality that facilitates horizontal scaling.
- Flat fee flexibility: Flat fee access to dedicated pools of cloud resources that can be allocated and adjusted as required.
- User-friendly control panel: The intuitive cloud portal allows control over all Private Cloud components.
- Fault-tolerant architecture: A fully redundant design with enterprise-grade technology.
- Virtual networks: The ability to build multiple virtual networks that are interconnected or independent of each another.
- Load balancers: Software-defined load balancing technology to meet high scalability requirements.
- Firewalls: Software-defined firewall technology.
- Snapshot management: The capability to take offline snapshots of disk volumes in order to simplify maintenance and backups.
- Data volume management: Attach/detach and grow/shrink data volumes, as needed.
- Customized installations: Clients can opt for tailor-made OS installs or templates.
- Open API: The Apache CloudStack API offers easy integration with existing or new applications.