LeaseWeb, one of the world’s largest hosting brands with services including dedicated servers and cloud hosting, has announced the availability of VMware vCloud in Asia. The LeaseWeb vCloud offering would provide an easy, fast and cost-effective way for enterprises to deploy a VMware-based private cloud environment. The new platform is located in LeaseWeb Asia’s data center in Singapore.
The LeaseWeb vCloud offering is designed for SMB and enterprise users with existing VMware-based infrastructure requirements, as well as for those seeking to implement new solutions using VMware.
“VMware solutions can be complex and time consuming to implement,” said Bas Winkel, Managing Director of LeaseWeb Asia Pacific. “LeaseWeb’s vCloud gives customers an easier way to quickly deploy private cloud-based resources, delivered ready to use and at a fixed monthly price. It enables customers to take their business to new levels thanks to increased scalability, tight cost control and enterprise-class infrastructure near Asian end-users.”
On top of cost efficiency and simplified implementation, LeaseWeb’s vCloud would enable customers to easily create hybrid cloud environments, combining for example cloud and dedicated servers. Seamless integration and an API would also make it easier for users to define instances and gives total flexibility in allocating resources such as dedicated cores, RAM, storage and VPNs. In addition, users can increase security and scalability by adding software-based firewalls and load balancers.
LeaseWeb’s vCloud is available immediately in Singapore. The solution was launched in the Netherlands last March and is expected to roll out to customers in other markets during the coming months.
LeaseWeb Private Cloud
“Customers also gain access to the global LeaseWeb platform, with its 24/7 support, seamless network coverage and tier 3 data centers,” added Mr. Winkel. “This way you can create a private cloud solution that’s right for your business, providing an exceptional end-user experience, in turn boosting your revenue.”
Key features of LeaseWeb’s VMware-powered vCloud private cloud solution include:
- Powerful API – vCloud APIs allow users to create infrastructure management solutions “quickly and easily”
- Extensive GUI – users can manage and define their cloud through “user-friendly and easy-to-use” GUI
- Dedicated resources – users receive a virtually unlimited amount of on-demand computing, with guaranteed resources for a cloud
- Fault tolerant design – users benefit from built-in high availability for their instances as well as the platform
- Snapshot management – ability to take ad-hoc snapshots of virtual machines or vApps at a particular point in time and, if necessary, revert back to earlier snapshots at a later time
- Firewalls – ability to apply an “easy-to-use” stateful inspection firewall at the perimeter of the virtual data center or even at the VM level to ensure high availability
- VPN – users can extend their virtual data center “securely” with industry-standard IPsec and SSL VPN capabilities, and link virtual data centers for hybrid cloud computing
- Load balancer – ability to scale application delivery for high-volume applications, including different types of health checks, without the need for dedicated hardware
- Virtual networking – ability to create multiple private networks, independent from one another, or extend an on-premises network using the VPN feature
- Template cloning – users are enabled to clone cloud instances via “simple” template creation processes
- ISO and template management – ability to upload and manage OS templates and attach ISO images to cloud instances