Listen to the audio version of this story
At the BICSI Fall Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas, held from August 22 to 26, global manufacturer Legrand – a provider of electrical and digital building infrastructures including data center solutions – has revealed its newest fiber breakthrough. Legrand’s latest fiber innovation, named the Infinium acclAIM Fiber Solution would redefine fiber connectivity by replacing pre-terminated cassette-based solutions with direct connections, resulting in one of the lowest insertion losses on the market.
Managers of hyper-scale, cloud, and 5G networks today demand the increased density and scalability that comes with the use of next-generation 2fiber connectors, stated Legrand. When it comes to upgrading fiber networks, however, companies would face issues including polarity, optical loss, delivery, design/deployment difficulties, and high expenses associated with cassette use. Many of these issues are substantially reduced or eliminated with the acclAIM Fiber Solution, stated Legrand, thanks to unique features like:
- Near-infinite scalability allows for an endless number of migration pathways
- Standard, array, distribution, convergent, and mixed link setup options are available
- 10GBASE, 25GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE, and beyond are only a few of the media interfaces available
- Polarity may be changed to any connection configuration—pre-planned, on-site, or on-the-fly – thanks to application-defined polarity
- acclAIM connectors can mate directly to a variety of twin fiber patch cables thanks to direct mating breakout
- There are no gender concerns here; only straight links
- Beyond ultra-high densities, flexible density is possible
“The acclAIM fiber solution is ideal for any computer center experiencing challenges with increasing network speed, compressed optical budgets, or dealing with challenges associated with cassettes,” said Kristen Poulos, General Manager, Legrand Data Infrastructure. “The fiber solution was not built to only address this current data center upgrade cycle rather, to provide value much longer. Due to its vast migration capability, the acclAIM enables sustainability through drastically longer life cycles to provide a building asset for decades to come.”
Legrand’s acclAIM fiber innovation is available in Q4 2021. For more information, visit their website here.