Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) has launched its ThinkSystem SR860 V2 and SR850 V2 servers, which now feature 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors with enhanced support for SAP HANA based on Intel Optane persistent memory 200 series. In addition, Lenovo is announcing new remote deployment service offerings for the ThinkSystem DM7100 storage systems.
To help customers accelerate high performance workloads and improve efficiency, Lenovo’s new ThinkSystem SR860 V2 and SR850 V2 servers feature the latest in high-end processing and memory capabilities, with twice the amount of NVMe storage capacity.
“The constant change in information and ever evolving needs of customers means there must be faster and more efficient solutions to turn data into information that empowers businesses,” said Kamran Amini, Vice President and General Manager of Server, Storage and Software Defined Infrastructure, Lenovo Data Center Group. “Our new ThinkSystem servers are designed to enhance mission-critical applications like SAP HANA and accelerate next-generation workloads like AI, analytics and machine learning, enabling mission critical performance and reliability for all data centers and maximum business value for our customers.”
The new servers, combined with Lenovo’s DM7100 and business intelligence solutions from SAP, are material to helping customers address their data challenges in a variety of ways:
3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Powered Servers
The new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor-based servers would enable more rapid data ingest capabilities to help tackle the growing volume of data coming into the data center. Featuring improved AI acceleration with Intel Deep Learning Boost enhanced with bfloat16, these new CPUs were purpose built to accelerate data insights.
– story continues below the photo –
These new Lenovo servers also feature “next-generation” technologies that include:
- Increased onboard storage from 24 to 48 2.5”2 drives, improving the rate at which data can be consumed and improve performance for data-intensive applications such as large databases.
- Introduction of GPU support on the ThinkSystem SR860 V2 server (four double-wide 300W or eight single-wide GPUs) ideal for handling AI workloads, power VDI deployments and data analytics.
- The SR860 V2 leverages new GPU rich configurations to manage next-generation AI workloads, allowing customers to focus efforts on unstructured datasets to drive new insights.
- Intel Optane persistent memory 200 series to power SAP HANA, providing leading database and analytics performance along with expanded memory and storage capacity. When combined with ThinkSystem DM7100 series storage, Lenovo provides a business processing, analytics and data management platform for SAP database and business applications.
- When combined with Lenovo DB fiber channel switches, customers can now achieve end-to-end NVMe deployment, delivering higher throughput and significant reduction in latency.
ThinkSystem DM7100 Storage Systems
- Software includes integrated hybrid cloud data tiering and management for secure and efficient data management in public and private cloud solutions. The cloud capability enables customers to build backup and high availability capability for analytic workloads.
- Can scale up to 21 PB or out to 264 PB of effective storage, protecting the customer investment by allowing for “seamless” future growth.
- A new remote deployment option would offer significant faster implementation vs. scheduling on-site deployments, reducing complications and down-time risks, “speeding time to value.” Customers have access to Lenovo’s Technical Consultants to configure and deploy the solution based on their unique requirements remotely.
- To handle the increase in the variety of data being collected, Lenovo Intelligent Insights with SAP Data Intelligence make it possible to utilize structured and unstructured data from multiple sources, such as cloud data stores, data lakes, smart devices, sensors and other IoT available for greater business insights.
Select configurations of the ThinkSystem SR860 V2, SR850 V2 and DM7100 solutions are available through Lenovo TruScale, a pay-for-what-you-use data center, offering customers a “flexible and cost effective” option for adoption. The ThinkSystem servers and storage solution being launched will be added to Lenovo’s portfolio of workload optimized, pre-verified offerings under the Intel Select Solutions program, complementing a broad portfolio of ThinkSystem SR650 and SR630 solutions.
More Dedicated Hosting news on HostingJournalist.com.