Level 3 has expanded its global data center network with the opening of its newest facility, located at 524 Van Buren Street in Herndon, Virginia. The new data center offers fully redundant, high-density power and cooling systems, multi-tier security and direct connectivity to the global Level 3 network.
The new data center in Herndon, Virginia is built to provide enterprise and government customers with capabilities to manage rapid data growth and ensure business continuity. Level 3 operates more than 350 data centers worldwide, comprised of Premier Elite, Premier Select and Premier facilities. The new facility has achieved Level 3‘s highest rating as a Premier Elite data center.
“The Northern Virginia market is one of the top three data center markets in the world according to Ovum’s global data center tracking information,” said Mike Sapien, principal analyst from Ovum Global Enterprise Services. “Enterprise customers are seeing improved economics in using outside data centers, as well as avoidance of the capital to upgrade their aging private data centers. The use of external third-party data centers are necessary to address expanding their global coverage, increased use of cloud services, and improving application performance.”
Key features of the new Level 3 Premier Elite data center include:
- Global connectivity – Direct connectivity to the global Level 3 network spanning 500 markets in 60 countries.
- Carrier-neutrality – Carrier-neutral facility that provides access to multiple global network operators, enabling customers to more effectively manage communications and data management between worldwide partners and locations.
- Cloud hosting services – Access to Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions offers private network access to leading cloud hosting services, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- On-site security – 24 x 7 alarm monitoring and dual-mode secured access systems to address security and compliance requirements.
- Managed technical support – Skilled on-site technicians continuously maintain data systems and safeguard access to global carriers and critical cloud hosting based applications.
The Northern Virginia data center is one of three Premier Elite facilities in North America. Additional Premier Elite facilities are located at 200 Paul Avenue in San Francisco and 6805 Pine Street in Omaha. Level 3 operates another 17 Premier Elite data centers throughout Europe and Latin America.