Lightower Fiber Networks, a provider of “all-fiber, high-performance” networking solutions delivered over its own network, has broadened its data center infrastructure footprint with a new 30,000 square foot colocation facility located at 1309 Noble Street in Philadelphia. The new data center will be available starting at the end of March 2017.
This new facility complements Lightower’s existing 50,000 square feet of colocation space in the adjacent facility at 401 North Broad Street. With the launch of the new data center, Lightower Fiber Networks will also offer expanded colocation services for customers at both the 1309 Noble Street and 401 North Broad Street locations.
“Lightower has seen a growing demand in the Philadelphia market from organizations that rely on colocation solutions for network operations, like redundancy and business continuity,” said Phil Olivero, CTO of Lightower. “We have also seen a surge in demand for colocation in order to connect to cloud providers and cloud services. We view this new facility at 1309 Noble Street as providing flexibility for both enterprises and service providers that require colocation in the Philadelphia market. Additionally, this site features 24x7x365 on-site support as well as ultra-availability capabilities, both of which are offered due to specific customer requests.”
Lightower’s new colocation facility at 1309 Noble Street offers secured infrastructure including:
- N+1 backups for power and cooling
- Diverse utility feeds, 4 MW of Redundant Capacity
- Security features include: On-site manned security, “man trap” entrances, card access, CCTV, locking cages and cabinets
- Access to the entire Lightower Network which includes 33,000+ route miles of fiber providing connectivity to 22,000+ service locations across 17 states
- Access to all Lightower all-fiber, high-performance network services and solutions
- Direct access to alternate carriers and networks
Lightower’s complete suite of “all-fiber high performance” networking solutions is available to customers in Philadelphia including:
- Ethernet service from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Wavelength service from 1 Gbps to 100 Gbps
- Dedicated Internet access to 10 Gbps
- Dark fiber
- Managed private optical networks
- Data center & cloud connectivity
- Ultra-low latency solutions
- Video transport solutions
- Wireless backhaul and small cell solutions
Lightower offers colocation services at 12 locations across 8 states including Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. Lightower’s all-fiber network connects over 22,000 service locations across 17 states, including 275+ data centers, 500+ telco hotels and central offices, and 40+ financial exchanges.