Linux Academy, offering courses that are geared toward certifications in Linux, AWS, Google Cloud Platforms, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, Big Data, and Containers, has announced a partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS Cloud) to provide cloud certification training to the nonprofit community.
Offered exclusively to nonprofits, this partnership would give users unlimited access to Linux Academy’s entire library of AWS and cloud certification and training courses, content, and hands-on labs focused on AWS and additional technologies, like Linux and OpenStack. The training is available to nonprofit teams to test and train their IT staff, as well as to individuals to learn hands-on skills and earn certifications.
Through this partnership, nonprofit teams and individuals would have access to:
- More than 2,500 self-paced video courses
- 209 total hours of AWS course training
- 438 Linux training hours
- 105 OpenStack training hours
- More than 60 hands-on, scenario-based labs for AWS skill building
- Live AWS environments for practicing newly acquired skills
- Quizzes, study guides, flash cards, study groups, and practice exams
Additionally, Linux Academy provides training for all current AWS certifications:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional Level
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate Level
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Level
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty – Certification
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Level
- AWS Certified Big Data Specialty – Certification
“Organizations and individuals are rushing to ensure they can handle the technologies available today on the cloud,” said Anthony James, CEO of Linux Academy. “We are excited about this new collaboration with AWS. It creates an affordable and efficient option for nonprofit organizations, which have limited budgets, to keep up with rapidly expanding technologies, as well as for people to find or progress within cloud tech careers.”
Linux Academy claims that its courses are engineered to go beyond simply preparing students for certifications. They would be designed to truly prepare students to advance in Linux and cloud careers. Course instructors and content curators are constantly creating lessons based on industry trends, new releases, and the demand of the community.
Coupled with a subscription model, users are granted unlimited access to all current and future courses, as well as Linux Academy hands-on labs and various learning tools, including the Orion Papers – a companion to your journey through the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Certification prep course. This is a non-linear, visual, interactive supplement to the online content offered by Linux Academy.