MacStadium, a global provider of Apple Mac hosting, colocation, cloud computing and infrastructure-as-a-service (IAAS), founded in 2012, has announced the launch of its Enterprise Solutions Suite, a VMware powered dedicated Mac server hosting and managed cloud service offering.
The company’s new suite offers cloud hosting and support for large-scale virtualization while complementing MacStadium’s current Mac mini hosting and colocation service designed for single operating system environments.
The enterprise-grade solution would be the first Mac-centric offering of its kind and is ideal for many environments, including multi OS software development production environments, where one hundred percent uptime and infinite scalability are required. The suite enables large-scale and mission-critical hosting and cloud solutions, providing data recovery, disaster recovery, security, server and storage infrastructure, and virtualization services.
“We have combined the industry’s best custom Mac-centric data center and infrastructure with the powerful virtualization capabilities of VMware and robust horsepower of the Mac Pro to create an enterprise-class cloud offering that is the first of its kind,” said Greg McGraw, CEO at MacStadium. “With our solution, users can easily monitor and manage cloud virtualization platforms with a centralized command and control interface, and allocate CPU, memory and storage resources across all virtual machines, within a Mac-centric environment.”
The new suite features both EMC and Netapp SAN Storage, Cisco firewall and load balancers, VMware vSphere Hypervisor, dedicated infrastructure and unlimited virtual machines. With near real-time activation, the suite requires no contract, and all servers feature unlimited and all-inclusive Internet use, 24×7 live support and training, remote management tools and Arbor active DDoS protection. The end-to-end hosting solution utilizes all new high-performance i5 and i7 Apple hardware with choice of OS (OS X, Windows, Linux or VMware).
The Enterprise Solutions Suite is supported by MacStadium‘s dedicated Atlanta, GA-based data center facility created specifically for hosting and colocation of Mac minis and Mac Pros.
Key features/capabilities of MacStadium’s solution include:
- Virtualization – Infinitely scalable and cost-effective VMware and private cloud solutions can run any OS, including OS X Yosemite, delivering unparalleled performance and extensibility.
- Network Storage – EMC storage from 1TB up to 384TB, based on EMC Symmetrix and Clarion storage systems that are designed to surmount barriers to throughput, bandwidth, scalability and response time.
- Firewall & VPN – Firewall and VPN security via dedicated or shared Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliances.
- Monitoring – True 24×7 proactive monitoring and recovery, utilizing PING and SNMP.
- Clusters – Mac mini and Mac Pro server clusters created with 1 to 100+ dedicated servers. Tailored options of Web Cluster, Application Cluster or Virtualization Cluster to meet specific requirements.
- Backup & Disaster Recovery – Built on the eVault professional grade data protection and disaster recovery suite and a full suite of agents including SQL, VMDK and BMR.
- Load Balancing – Load balancing solutions via Cisco ACE Application Control Engine.