The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has recognized Rackspace Technology, a supplier of comprehensive managed multicloud solutions, as a Qualified Security Assessor Company (QSAC) for EMEA. It enables Rackspace to provide several services to merchants to ensure that their card data processing and payment processing are managed securely as a result of achieving QSAC accreditation.
The achievement is a component of the widely embraced Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), a collection of 12 standards and several sub-requirements created to enhance the security of credit and debit card transactions and shield cardholders from identity theft.
“Obtaining the Qualified Security Assessor Company status for the Payment Card Industry is a rigorous assessment that we’re very proud to have achieved,” said Jeff Bennison, Director of Security Consulting, Professional Services EMEA at Rackspace Technology. “We can now support customers with any payment security needs as well as provide training and scope identification to enable them to understand the fuller picture of their business’ requirements.”
Annual Client Reports on Compliance
Obtaining QSAC status means that Rackspace Technology can now offer several services to merchants ensuring their payments and processing of card data is managed securely. Services such as, but not restricted to:
- Annual Reports on Compliance (RoCs) for clients that hold, process, or transmit more than 6 million Visa and Mastercard payments annually, or more than 300,000 for service providers
- Scope review and any possible de-scoping options
- Gap analysis
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire assistance and guidance
- Staff awareness workshops
- Documentation review and provision of templates
- Approved Scanner Vendor
- Penetration testing and code reviews
- Multi Factor Authentication solutions
- File Integrity Monitoring solutions
“With Rackspace Technology as a merchant’s or service provider QSAC, customers throughout EMEA will benefit from our agility as moving at pace is paramount in the fight against nefarious attacks and security concerns,” added Mr. Bennison.