Cogeco Peer 1, a managed hosting and cloud services provider delivering its services across North America, Latin America and Europe, has changed its name to Aptum Technologies. The move follows the April 2019 acquisition of Cogeco Peer 1 by Digital Colony, a global investment firm dedicated to strategic opportunities in digital infrastructure.
Headquartered in Toronto, Aptum Technologies will operate with two focused business units – Data Center and Fiber. The Data Center business will concentrate on enabling multi-cloud services for enterprises. The Fiber business will be an independent, neutral-host provider of small cell and 5G infrastructure, and enterprise and wholesale fiber connectivity with an extensive metro fiber network across greater Toronto and Montreal.
“Aptum means ‘adaptability’ and reflects our heritage and vision for the future,” said Susan Bowen, Chief Executive Officer of Aptum. “As businesses face exponentially increasing volumes of information, and data becomes an integral part of their infrastructure, technology platforms must adapt and harness the power of data to enable better decision making, risk evaluation and customer engagement. We help organizations unlock the potential of their data by providing a robust infrastructure that enables customers to solve complex challenges and maximize the potential of their businesses.”
With a 20-year heritage helping customers maximize technologies to store, manage, move and secure their critical data, Aptum Technologies is able to offer hybrid infrastructure solutions with secured data center, cloud, connectivity and managed services across North and Central America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Aptum Technologies is led by an “experienced” executive team that includes:
- Susan Bowen, Chief Executive Officer
- Shenif Visram, Chief Finance Officer
- Sanjay Sachdev, President and Head of Fiber
- Leighton Plumley, Chief Revenue Officer (Data Center Business Unit)
- Cindy Jordan-Ford, EVP Global Strategic Accounts & Alliances
- Jeremy Pease, Chief Operating Officer
- Scott Davis, Interim Chief Infrastructure Officer
- Paul Dyck, Vice President, Human Resources
Concurrent with the rebranding, Aptum has launched two new offerings that would expand and enhance its customers’ hybrid cloud options:
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) – This new suite of AWS cloud services would complement Aptum’s existing Managed Azure and Managed Private Cloud offerings. Managed AWS services include consultation; architecture/design; solution build and configuration; migration; project management; ongoing service management and optimization; and 24/7 expert support. Managed AWS is available in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
- New Cloud Connect Availability – Expansion of Cloud Connect, which offers a direct, dedicated and secured connection to cloud services. Cloud Connect is now available for AWS Direct Connect, Google Cloud Platform, ServiceNow, Salesforce, SAP and Oracle in addition to Microsoft ExpressRoute. The Cloud Connect expansion is available in all regions.
“The addition of these new cloud services is a perfect example of how Aptum is continually evolving to meet our customers’ changing needs,” added Susan Bowen. “Every business has unique considerations, constraints and objectives that will be met by different solutions. Helping customers determine the correct platform for their unique requirements and then providing expert implementation is why businesses turn to Aptum.